Home

FIFA 12 Impressions - PPI, Dribbling, Impact Engine, Defending (FSB)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Impressions - PPI, Dribbling, Impact Engine, Defending (FSB) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #9
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: FIFA 12 Impressions - PPI, Dribbling, Impact Engine, Defending (FSB)

I'm thrilled about this news. To me, FIFA has to be the benchmark in how to make sports video games for consoles.

Late 2005: Next-generation introduced.
FIFA 07: Redid the engine
FIFA 08: First full FIFA game on next-gen consoles. Made last-gen FIFA obsolete, IMO
FIFA 09-10: Solid improvements to an already great game
FIFA 11: Redid ratings, added Personality+ and more. The best sports video game on the market, IMO
FIFA 12: Looks to deliver gameplay improvements beyond what people were hoping for. Sets the bar really high for other sports video games.

I can only imagine how scripted Madden (even with it's updates) will feel like after a few games of FIFA.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #10
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm a PES player that plays a bit of FIFA every now and again, and it sounds like EA have addressed every single problem about the previous games, at least on the pitch.

The predictable offensive AI, the too-solid defensive AI, the lack of individuality between players, and the general defensive play. It all sounds great and I can't wait to play the demo and try it out.

I'll probably be going for both games this year as Pro Evo made big strides last year as well.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Rookie

Richuation's Arena

OVR: 3
We still need online leagues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

I just hope the AI shoots this year. It absolutely was a gamekiller for me watching the AI dribble right to the keeper, EVERYTIME. I would even let the cpu break away and gave it no pressure, result, dribbling right to the keeper. No shots from range, nothing. It was really annoying, and also the reason that only my 14 year old son plays it.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
I love that the auto-tackle button is gone. This game should provide the variety that everyone has been waiting for because defending will be just as randomized based on situations as the attacking. The dribbling skill stick should become a lot more effective too as committing to a tackle in one direction will seemingly kill you if it's missed.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
OMG all EA football and soccer games look amazing this year!!!! They're listening to fans, and putting a ton of time and money into these franchises! My hat is off to EA!

I will be buying a lot of EA games this year. Book it.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #15
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Really glad the auto tackle is gone, but I feel like we've heard stuff like this before, complete with rampant excitement. It sounds great; however, my complete excitement is reserved until I actually play it for myself.

Last edited by Whitesox; 05-23-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Really glad the auto tackle is gone, but I feel like we've heard stuff like this before, complete with rampant excitement. It sounds great; however, my complete excitement is reserved until I actually play it for myself.
I'm with you. It's great that they've addressed the biggest issues I've had with the game and I'm suddenly hopeful for this years game. However, it's all in how it's implemented. This new approach to defense may just introduce an entirely different set of frustrations for the gamer.

But I've got my fingers crossed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »