Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic
Yeah before I get interested, the damage and blood need to be back in. There's nothing like working somebody's eye for 6 rounds just to see the damage look like the equivalent to as if he had red eyes from an allergic reaction to something. As brutal as it is, blood and cuts are a part of boxing. What good is it to have a damage meter if it really doesn't translate to the rest of the game visually?
agree 100%. i remember EA releasing specific preview videos of how bloody the game was going to be. i was really looking forward to the blood and gore, of course only when appropriate.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
Rookie

ajns's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
1 Punch Ko rarely happens in real boxing is because of defense. The game isn't sim and I can point out a few.

-Every boxer doesn't own 1 punch power or KO power.
This is true, but that's what you get when you allow someone to "create" a boxer instead of leaving it up to genetics. You can't stop this any more than you can legislate trunk color. Unless you force everyone to have random stats, in which case, you'll just have D&D idiots who roll and roll until they get the stats they want and negate the effect. You just hope there are as many technicians out there as sluggers and that they tailor there phyisque and style accordingly.

Quote:
-"Arm Fatigue" isn't realistic. Your accuracy goes down and some power in real life. Some boxers power is always there.
Also true. Don't know how you get that more realistic than it is unless you tie accuracy to directly to stamina. I believe power already is modified by stamina.

Quote:
-Footwork and movement isn't useful and doesn't vary.
Amen and a bag of chips. Although you have to admit, movement plays more of a role in this version than any previous version. In fact, most of the posts here about breaking down spammers/exploiters involve using movement.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic
Yeah before I get interested, the damage and blood need to be back in. There's nothing like working somebody's eye for 6 rounds just to see the damage look like the equivalent to as if he had red eyes from an allergic reaction to something. As brutal as it is, blood and cuts are a part of boxing. What good is it to have a damage meter if it really doesn't translate to the rest of the game visually?
this is an absolute must!
hell, they advertised it!...where is it??
Old 05-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

So what constitutes "running"? Surely this isn't being equated with "stick and move", is it?
Old 05-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

I think instead of reducing stamina for running what they really need to do is penalize judging. The fighter who is always on their heels even if they hit a few jabs is going to generally loose a round. I fought a guy last night who would only exchange punches while running and never advanced or reclosed and used only jab. I tagged him plenty with big shots and he wasn't really hurting me but when the scorecard came up I was down the first three rounds. Then I did the same move of stick 1-3 punches and sit. We sat for almost every round with no exchange.

I lost by 1 decision in the end. If I had realized that was how this game
worked I could have won since I wouldn't have lost the first 3 rounds.

What they need to do is judge who is retreating and unless they are landing substantial punches they need to lose the round. Problem solved. In real boxing you aren't allowed to run away after 2 punches and hide on the ropes for every round (people do dodge when they are up heavily on the scorecards to avoid a knockdown and that is part of boxing; but they do lose the round).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Did they ever fix the sliders?
Old 05-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

I think the CAB issue is also fixable. Your stats need to be tied to your height and weight. Taller should increase reach (no effect on strength) but should also reduce hand and leg quickness--this would allow smaller boxers to close. Shorter should increase speed and decrease power slightly. Set the average height for a weight class and the average stats (punch power, quickness) for each weight class then adjust those stats up or down based off of CAB design.

Weight should increase punch power and touhgness but should reduce quickness and endurance as it increases and vice versa as it decreases. Again set averages and then stats are determined from this.

Then give each player 5 attribute points to distribute for some minor customization (not very many points really). Overall I think this would result in some extreme CABS (i.e really tall and heavy but slow trying for one punch KO's, and really small light jab spammers but the negatives would balance it out. Then adjust from there. This would push most boxers to be some intermediate ground.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39
How to Score a Professional Boxing Match

How to Score a Professional Boxing Match

The Four Criteria Judges Use for Scoring a Fight

The scoring of a professional prize fight is based on four basic criteria: clean punching, effective aggressiveness, ring generalship, and defense.
Professional fights are scored on a Ten Point Must System in which the boxer who wins a round must be awarded ten points, with his opponent recieving nine or less, usually nine. A fighter loses a point for every knockdown he suffers. Thus, a boxer who is winning a round and scores two knockdowns during that round will earn a score of ten, while his opponent gets a seven.

The four scoring criteria mentioned in the opening are used to determine the winner of each round. Once the fight is over, the scores from each of three judges at ringside are tallied and the results announced to the fighters and the audience.
While clean punching is generally given greater weight by most judges, the other three criteria shouldn't be ignored. Judging a boxing match is an inherently subjective exercise, but adhering to the rules adds objectivity, and veracity, to the argument. Otherwise, why have scoring standards in the first place?
A discourse on scoring assumes that any fight under discussion has completed its allotted rounds (either four, six, eight, ten, or twelve), or, in accord with the rules of the Association of Boxing Commissions, has gone at least four rounds if the fight is stopped because of a cut caused by an accidental headbutt. To the scoring, then.

Clean Punching
A clean punch is one that lands on a scoring area (face or side of head, not including the back of the head; the front and sides of the torso) with the knuckle portion of the glove. In amateur boxing, the scoring portion of the glove is white. Though a professional glove lacks such markings, the scoring portion of the glove is basically the same.
Clean punches will land flush, not glancing or partially blocked by one's opponent. "Slapping" or "backhanding" is not allowed.

Effective Aggressiveness
Effective aggression is demonstrated when a fighter presses forward, and in doing so, scores more clean punches, or more damaging blows, than his opponent. If a boxer is a particularly hard puncher, even blows that are not landed particularly clean, but obviously affect his opponent, are given scoring weight.

Ring Generalship
The ability to control the pace and style of a fight is ring generalship. For instance, a high volume-punching brawler will attempt to force a "stick and move" boxer into a slugfest. Conversely, the pure boxer will attempt to slow the pace of the fight by keeping his opponent at the end of his jab and use angles and feints in order to set up his heavier punches.
It is imperative that professional judges comprehend each fighter's respective style in order to understand who is controlling the action and demonstrating superior ring generalship.

Defense
Probably the most ignored, if not maligned, of the four judging criteria is defense. There have been boxers who were such defensive wizards, such as Willie Pep, or Pernell Whitaker, that it was virtually impossible for judges not to recognize their skill. It is said that Pep once won a round against Jackie Graves in 1946 without landing a single punch. In truth, the featherweight Pep landed a few jabs during that round, but such a story is remarkable only because it is so rare, as defense is so poorly appreciated.
Defense is the ability to avoid punshment. A boxer with greater reach than his opponent may stay on the outside and use his footwork to avoid punches--a style often frowned on by judges. One might stay inside and slip punches. Another option is to block an opponent's punches with one's gloves, arms and shoulders, or the highly skilled fighter may choose to use a combination of defensive techniques, depending on the situation.

Read more at Suite101: How to Score a Professional Boxing Match: The Four Criteria Judges Use for Scoring a Fight | Suite101.com http://www.suite101.com/content/how-...#ixzz1N6KeYryL

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »