Home

NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO)

Check out the NCAA Football 12 Coaching Carousel hands-on preview, at TSO.

Quote:
"First of all, be assured there is some depth to the process and tangible impacts on the teams being coached. This isn’t just rotating names and meaningless movement. There are Offensive Coordinators and Defense Coordinators (no position coaches) to go along with the Head Coach and the coach prestige has a direct impact on the progression of players for the length of time he coaches the team. It’s not as deep as it could be, but for the first implementation, it’s more than I expected."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with the Coaching Carousel

Quote:
The best thing about this coaching carousel is that the coach prestige rating will fluctuate based on the coach’s performance throughout the dynasty and that rating has a direct impact on the progression rate of the players on the specific team he coaches. This is critical in creating a dynamic environment in which teams will progress and regress based on the decisions they make when hiring a new coach. This makes every dynasty you ever participate in different and unique in it’s own way.
This makes me feel better since ratings werent going to be in. This is good because I only thought without ratings it would not have effects on the players and only playbooks will change.

So im not completely down about this.
YouTube: TBD
Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

This mode will have some life to it. I liked the breakdown for it and I'm looking forward to getting the chance to test it out on my own.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

So essentially, the coach prestige rating is just an all-encompassing coach rating that directly ties into progression for his team. That's fine with me for a first time feature. It affects the team progression and teams will hire better prestiged coaches. I'm sure we'll see specific ratings in the future, but for a start this sounds great.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Not sure how well you can answer this Ryno, but were you able to gauge how big of an effect prestige has on progression. Like Any specifics, i.e if an A+ coach at a 3* program progresses at players at the same rate a C+ coach would at a 6* or whatnot?

I think if they made it so that coach prestige was the main factor in player progression, and not school prestige, it would make coaches have a huge impact.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Not sure how well you can answer this Ryno, but were you able to gauge how big of an effect prestige has on progression. Like Any specifics, i.e if an A+ coach at a 3* program progresses at players at the same rate a C+ coach would at a 6* or whatnot?

I think if they made it so that coach prestige was the main factor in player progression, and not school prestige, it would make coaches have a huge impact.
to what extent i do not know, and really.. it's hard to gauge that unless your doing specific tests to see what those rates of progression are. And to be honest, it's just one factor, so it's really hard to pinpoint exactly what impact it does have just playing the game for a short period of time.

Sorry i don't have a better answer.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 05-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
to what extent i do not know, and really.. it's hard to gauge that unless your doing specific tests to see what those rates of progression are. And to be honest, it's just one factor, so it's really hard to pinpoint exactly what impact it does have just playing the game for a short period of time.

Sorry i don't have a better answer.
It's cool, that needs a lot testing and time to figure it out, but i figured I'd ask anyway.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Ryno, you probably can't really answer this fully, but when you say programs can fall or rise based on their coach's prestige, is that completely true? What I mean is if Miami is 6-6 and hires a A prestige coach, will they become relevant against after he gets the players he wants? Also, will teams actually fall if a team like Miami goes 11-1, but their coach retires, so they hire a B prestige coach, will they start to slowly become worse under him until they make another hire?

Also, if Miami goes no better than 7-5 for 10 straight years, will they still be limited to only hiring B prestige coaches or will they be realistic and go after a worse coach to try and get the program back on its feet, hope he progresses, or eventually hire another coach after they improve all they will?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »