Home

NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with the Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
there is a limited amount of customization... shirt/sweater/suit etc.. and headgear/glasses type stuff. It's not that robust, but there are some.
Yeah that's about what I figured. I was wondering if a pullover or jacket was an option? Not really a big deal at all but I'm curious. And I don't know if you know or not, but do you know if we can import a RTG player into dynasty as a coach? I remember being able to do that on the PS2. That would be amazing to begin as a high school senior, go through your college career as a player, take a job as a coordinator, then get a job as a head coach.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildeCane
I noticed in the vid that the stats goals are normal for 15 min qrts but kinda outrageous for 5 min qrts. If we change the qrt lengh will the goals be affect. For instance one goal for oregon was 4000 passing yards. If this was for 15 min qrters than a more reasonable number for 5 min qrts would be 2000 (techniquely 1333.33 yrds but that seems a bit low)
Agreed.
I also hope it is based off your playstyle. I wouldnt want to see Pass for 4000+ yards since I will run a Run-Heavy Playbook. It would be lucky for me to have over 3000+ Yards passing
Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildeCane
I noticed in the vid that the stats goals are normal for 15 min qrts but kinda outrageous for 5 min qrts. If we change the qrt lengh will the goals be affect. For instance one goal for oregon was 4000 passing yards. If this was for 15 min qrters than a more reasonable number for 5 min qrts would be 2000 (techniquely 1333.33 yrds but that seems a bit low)
I don't think the goals change for your quarter length and besides, at 15 minute quarters wouldn't most people be able to achieve every goal almost since there is no true accelerated clock?

At 7-8 minute quarters I usually finish with realistic season stats and thats because there is a form of accelerated clock in NCAA 11 already. Not chew clock, but every time you huddle it takes off 8-10 seconds off the play clock and the game clock too when it should.

― Plato
Old 05-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #20
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I would think they would set the goals based on your playbook, maybe the 4000+ yards goal was in pass heavy offense, or at least it should be.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I would think they would set the goals based on your playbook, maybe the 4000+ yards goal was in pass heavy offense, or at least it should be.
Exactly.
In my offense I wouldnt be able to pass over 3000 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #22
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Going back and looking at the video again, the vast of majority of the goals are really unrealistic(maybe because it[s oregon is why the numbers are so high). I'm not 100% sure what the green and red arrow's are supposed to indicate for approval. You'd think it'd be green for positive and red for negative improvement, but when passing for 4000 yards and running for 2000 in a season are all red arrows, and no green arrow's, I don't know what to think.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Going back and looking at the video again, the vast of majority of the goals are really unrealistic(maybe because it[s oregon is why the numbers are so high). I'm not 100% sure what the green and red arrow's are supposed to indicate for approval. You'd think it'd be green for positive and red for negative improvement, but when passing for 4000 yards and running for 2000 in a season are all red arrows, and no green arrow's, I don't know what to think.
It shows what happens if you accomplish or fail your goals. Say one gaol is gain 5000 yards passing and there are 3 green arrows, but now red arrows. That just means if you accomplish it, you get more security for your job and improve your prestige. If you don't accomplish, since there were no red arrows, then it won't hurt you.

― Plato
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
I believe it is pass/fail impacts. So if you dont pass a goal or two with a HIGH Fail Impact you could lose your job or Job Security goes down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »