Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

mike10003's Arena

OVR: 1
NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel

Check out the latest NCAA Football 12 blog, featuring the recently announced Dynasty feature called, Coach Carousel.

Quote:
"Hi NCAA Football fans, NCAA Football 12 designer Jordan Peterson here, and it is my privilege to provide you with a more in-depth view of one of the new features in Dynasty, Coach Carousel. Coach Carousel has been one of the top requested features each year from the community and the new addition of coaches, and contracts, will add even more depth to Dynasty.

When starting an Online, or Offline Dynasty, you will be able to create a new coach or use an existing coach. There are three coach positions available: Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator. As the Head Coach, you will be in control of the entire team and held accountable for completing contract goals both on and off the field. Coordinators, however, are only responsible for their side of the ball, and the CPU coaches will run the other half. Only controlling one side of the ball creates additional drama to your Dynasty games as you watch each play of your CPU controlled offense attempting to march down the field for a game-winning drive. This can keep you on the edge of your seat, cheering your team to pull out the victory."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by mike10003; 05-24-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coaching Carousel blog is posted!

Anyone want to post the text in here?

Stupid web filters.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
The type of goals for a Head Coach will differ from Coordinators rather significantly. As a Head Coach, there are goals for bowl wins, total number of wins, rival wins, recruiting, final conference ranking and even recruit visits.
I pray they fixed the issue with Teambuilder rivalry games otherwise I'm going to have a very short coaching tenure.

Last edited by prowler; 05-24-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

It is what I thought it would be. Goals are based off of schools.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

If the game play hasnt been fixed, it would make no sense being a defensive coordinator and watching the cpu choke on offense. The cpu in 11 mad a ton of bad decisions, especially when the game is close in the 4th quarter. I guess it could be nerve racking being either coordinator because the defense didn't play too good also. So hopefully the game play has been tweaked, changed or something so it would be worth being a oc or dc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

CC has tons of potential for future editions but i like what they´ve done.....

too bad no neutral site games, medical redshirts etc etc all things u would thing arent that complicated to include
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

I wonder how athletes are handled when you are a coordinator. Can you influence where they play or is that left to the head coach. Depth charts also.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

I can't believe they are keeping the same recruiting game. It's unrealistic, there shouldn't be random subjects. If it's random it should either be because...

1) The recruit chose that subject (so he obviously has interest in that pitch)

2) The coach chooses it (which is the gamble to see if the recruit is interested in the pitch)

It makes no sense that there would be a random pitch chosen when both the pitch for the school is poor AND the recruit has no interest. Anyone else agree?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »