Home

2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12

im very pissed at 2k first the dropped college baseball on 2k now its the nhl 2k hockey game . then they flat out lied to us. about the game they suck and far as the company its self why in h---ll did they even tell that . fib what it just to get more sales for the basketball what make them think that ea nhl hockey is all that great its plan b----s----t. they need to just sell to mirosoft or sony or some other company thats willing to really spend money in sports viedo games. at least ea-sports is bringing back live in 2012. and not giveing up like a bunch p----ys.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10
Maybe SCEA can give us an NHL game for the PS 3. Could you imagine the possibilities as good as MLB The Show is?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #11
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

In other news, man has walked on the moon.

The writing has been on the wall for this series for a looooooonng time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #12
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Yup. As expected.

Looks like another year of roster updates from myself, TS, and canuxrok.

That's ok in my books...
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
Disappointing to say the least. Was it all that long ago when it seemed 2K had the sports lineup, hands down? I'm not as down on EA's NHL series as some, but I'm always open to trying something different and I know at one time NHL2K was THE series. I even bought MLB2K11 this year because I was bored with The Show. Unfortunately, it's turned out to be a polished turd at best.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
2K was always underrated. Look how long it took for NBA2K to dominate to get recognition.
NHL2k3-2k7 kicked ***. NHL2k8 was amazing on ideas, implementation was not user friendly enough though. But NHL2k9 and NHL2k10 was only so-so games in my book. A total reboot teaming up with natural motion and 2K bringing their experience and license would be a great reboot.
Agree fully. I used to buy every 2K hockey game for ps2 then bought 2K8 and still play it to this day. IMO it was the best 2 player hockey game in a while. I got friends in the "hood" that fell in love with hockey because of that game lol.

I'll probably get heat from this, but I'm pretty sure if EA scrapped Fifa, NHL, College football, Fight Night and focused only on Madden and the NBA they would produce 2 great games. 2K has essentially put all their eggs in the NBA 2K franchise (god knows baseball needs a ton of work) while EA is spread out everywhere. I know everyone gives it to EA, but just think what their best creative minds all working together could do...
Old 05-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9
This makes me wonder if they'll even renew the MLB license. I'm not even talking the exclusive license, but just the license in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #16
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
it doesnt mean they wont make one next year. Then when you buy it next year the improvements will feel even more dramatic. I'd love to see video game companies take more time in between games to work on things instead of rushing out games. As it is now they have a team that works on things in advance but the real grind only gets less than a year of work because they have to rush it out to get it out on time. As consumers we've become so demanding that we need games that feel different, better and perfect but aren't patient enough to allow developers the time needed to achieve those goals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »