Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #2 Updated Fix List, Wii Screenshots Released

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #2 Updated Fix List, Wii Screenshots Released within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #2 Updated Fix List, Wii Screenshots Released

Check out all the NASCAR The Game 2011 Wii screenshots, right here.

Update on Patch #2 05/13/11

http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/...ed-05-13-11%29

We’re currently working with Activision on Patch #2 for Xbox 360 and hope to get it out to you as soon as possible. Although as some members of the community have previously pointed out, when adding new features to a title it can sometimes lead to new issues and bugs being found and the new features that we’ve added to NASCAR The Game 2011 have indeed caused some new previously unseen bugs, at the same time we've also been fixing additional bugs not connected with the Patch.

To ensure that Patch #2 is released as bug free as possible whenever a bug/s has been identified by Activision we’ve then worked to resolve it/them as quickly as we can and then re-submitted a new build for testing. As you can imagine this back and forth can be time consuming but we feel that it is in the best interest of the game, as well as the community, to get it right first time.

The Playstation 3 version of Patch #2 in still on hold due to the Playstation Network outage and as soon as we have an update on the PS3 version you can be sure we’ll inform you.

The Xbox 360 patch is unaffected by the PSN outage and will be released as soon as testing and submission is completed.

Your continued patience is very much appreciated and we're confident that you'll be pleased with the results.

Bugs:
  • Fix lack of Caution Flags - Fixed
  • Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Fixed
  • Fix Cautions Lights being illuminated all of the time - Fixed
  • Improve the PS3 voice comms - Fixed
  • Fix the instant wrecking during Online Rolling Starts - Fixed
  • Fix the Lobby Race Start Counter freezing - Fixed
  • Fix Spotter saying “Clear” too often - Fixed
  • Truex Jr. & Bill Elliott being corrupt during celebrations - Fixed This may need to be held back until the DLC pack due to the size of the fix. Microsoft limits the size.
  • Hardcore mode enabled on Xbox 360. PS3 already works - Fixed
  • Fix Custom Setups working Online - Fixed
  • Car rolling away during a celebration leaving the driver celebrating in mid-air - Fixed
  • Pace car lights in single player are on all of the time - Fixed
  • Issues with the Lucky Dog rule - Fixed
  • Issues with the Wave Around rule - Fixed
  • Improve FFB and wheel sensitivity options - Fixed
  • Slow Down indicator is no longer displayed on Talladega as it's a wide open track - Fixed
  • Spotter says “Clear” when there are cars along side the player - Fixed
  • Green White Checkered problems - Should read “Caution - 1st Green White Checkered” - Fixed
  • Opponent cars floating above the track - Fixed
  • Loss of Save - In Test
  • Improve general stability and freezing issues - In Test
  • Fix the Rolling Starts Online/Offline so the cars begin in the correct formation and together - Fixed
Improvements:
  • In Private games, the host will start the timer when they are ready - Added
  • Add support for the Porsche GT2 wheel (XBox 360) - Added
  • Allow the HUD to be completely turned off - Added
  • Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a back flip - Fixed
  • Add the ability to change your Online Car - Added
  • Add proximity indicator to split screen - Added
  • Added Manufacturer Logos and Headlight / Taillight stickers to the Paint Shop- Added
  • Adding time to the lobby count down when people enter a lobby - Improved
  • Added a penalty mechanic to slow down the player when cutting corners on the Road Courses - Added
  • A.I. difficulty being too easy when qualifying - Improved
  • Added Wheel Control sensitivity option to the XBox 360 - Added
  • Allow the Rival Icon to be turned off, use In Game options menu - Added
  • Change the Gas indicator so it defaults to full in the pit stop interface - Added
  • Add support for the T500 wheel - Added
  • The sensitivity when using the stick to move / rotate etc. is too high - Improved
  • Disable rubber banding - Added
  • Legends Challenge, Only show the closest tag - Improved
  • When any players are in a race, players in the lobby should see “PLAYERS STILL RACING” where it currently reads “AWAITING OTHER DRIVERS” in the lobby - Improved
  • Added an Auto Kick system for removing disruptive players, Driving Backward or not Moving, in an online race - Added
  • A.I. bunching on certain tracks - Improved
  • Accelerated vinyl projection rendering, slightly faster on Xbox 360, almost twice as fast on PS3 - Improved
  • Upped custom decal layer count from 50 to 75 - Improved
  • Non-Supported wheels now have better general compatibility, Thustmaster (All) & Logitech (MoMo & GT Force) - Added
  • Reconfigure the damage to improve the look and add more debris on impact - Improved
  • Allow a greater selection of race distances in the lobby / private lobby. - Added
  • A.I. pitting problems causing them to collide into each other - Improved
  • Hitting the wall often turns the car ending up with the player facing the wrong way - Improved
  • It’s difficult to start moving again if you’re on the grass or if you’re turned - Improved
  • Online Collisions - Improved
  • More smoke in Celebration burnouts - Improved
  • Online lag affecting the ability to run closer to other cars trough corners without spinning - Improved
  • Added a splash and go animation when just fuel is added during a stop - Added
  • Draft effect both on the car and visual to be tweaked - Improved
  • Free up the A.I. cars so that when they are hit by a player they will get loose - Fixed
  • A.I. being overly aggressive when bump drafting the player - Improved
  • A.I. slamming their brakes on for no reason - Improved
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #2 Updated Fix List

So should one assume that we have reset the 2 week count down ??
Old 05-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
No fix for accelerating fuel usage on shorter races?

In shorter races one doesn't have to pit at all....... the player nor the cpu.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #2 Updated Fix List, Wii Screenshots Released

Anyone have an update by any chance? I know they have a lot to fix, but it is seriously taking forever.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Here is the latest information from their website. By doing the math (after reading below) it's looking like the middle of June for the latest patch to be released. Here's the latest post:

Update on Patch #2 05/26/11

I've been getting a lot of complaints from people saying that we promised Patch #2 on May 9th so I'd like to clear up this misunderstanding first.

The date we gave as May 9th was a date that was realistic if during test no new issues were found. Unfortunately, as some have stated in other threads, when you add so many new features to a patch, as well as fixing the bugs, it can sometimes cause new previously unseen bugs to be identified during test. This is in fact what has happened with Patch #2. Whenever a new bug was identified during the test process we made sure that we addressed it and then submitted a new build of the patch for testing. This is the reason that we missed the estimated release date but I feel that this decision to ensure the integrity of Patch #2 was the right decision.

With the Xbox 360 version it's looking like we'll be submitting the final build of the patch to Activision tomorrow for a final quick check. Then it will be submitted to Microsoft who will then take 1-2 weeks to approve it and then release it.

For the PS3 patch there was a delay at the beginning of the testing process due to the PSN outage and testing could only begin at the start of last week 05/16/11. Despite this many of the bugs that were identified on the 360 version also applied to the PS3 version so this has saved us some time. Because of this we're on track to complete work on the PS3 patch at the end of next week. As with the 360 patch once the final build has been sent to Activision for a final check it will then be submitted to Sony for approval and release which normally takes 1-2 weeks.

I'm confident that you'll be satisfied with the results of Patch #2 because I managed to play an early build of it, from the beginning of last week, and I noticed big improvements in that version and the latest build is even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

PSN being down all that time didnt help and Eutechnyx has been good about keeping us informed. Im just getting tired of waiting. We never should have gotten a game this flawed in the 1st place and the sad thing is Ive been one of the patient ones whose tried to look past the issues.

Last edited by Brew; 05-27-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
PSN being down all that time didnt help and Eutechnyx has been good about keeping us informed. Im just getting tired of waiting. We never should have gotten a game this flawed in the 1st place and the sad thing is Ive been one of the patient ones whose tried to look past the issues.
Yeah...it's a good and bad thing. They are great about communication, but I'm now wishing I would have waited to buy this game. But I'm hoping it will be well worth the wait, and it sounds like early/mid June, so I can live with that.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
when are yall going to get this patch for the PS3 we need it

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »