Home

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #17
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Exactly. That and I believe that they are actually providing us with a service that is worth paying for. I can kind of agree that it shouldn't be touted as a "new feature" but, rather DLC since it's not free. But, tomato, tomatoe...

It would be received much better by the community had EA labeled them as PDLC's from the beginning. I agree completely with you about the services being worth it. These two services and being able to commish 5 OD's for only $7.. Count me in. Add in the fact that they are allowing you a free 7 day trial of the online sim before you buy and they can please those that may not like the sim and just want to advance.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

The only issue I have is the pay to advance the dynasty. I highly doubt that adds any extra stress on their servers, as it should be the same as it is when you advance from the console. The rest of the microtransaction stuff makes sense, like the super sim. Extra stress on server = pay for it. Host more ODs? Makes sense. Mass download TB teams? Still makes sense.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

As was already said, this is the norm for most games nowadays. At least we aren't talking about $9.99 or monthly charges. It's what? $6 total.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

EA is a business and they are always looking to make more money. I just hate that when you buy a used game you have to pay 10 dollars to play online. Oh well...it is what it is.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

I'm on both sides of the fence on this one. I can understand why one would be upset. Money is tight for most these days, so I could understand someone being upset if they have to pay to advance a dynasty, which is a small feature, at best.

At least we'll have a 7-day trial to determine if we really need it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
Are these supposed to be the "big reveal" we've been waiting for, or was it the presentation stuff? I'm a little unsure of what else they could come out with at E3
Since the game is already done, we'll probably see a lot of gameplay, along with some more in-depth info on RTG. Hopefully we'll have the demo in a couple of weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7
6 dollars today, if people actually take advantage of this, it won't stay at $6. Boycott!!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I think it's both pathetic and disgusting, but nickel and diming is what EA does best. They are very good at manipulating the masses into buying crap that should be free.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #24
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
you can use the "business as usual" for a series that is flourishing but you have a situation here where there is a distruss between the company and the consumer. this (like many other EA titles) aren't the blockbusters they used to be so that being said why would you cause unnecessary ways to "generate revenue" that might make a person on the fence decide not to purchase. in business the only thing worse than slow money is NO MONEY!!! think of businesses that have had problems with public opinion. they come back with better deals and better product they dont squeeze the wallet harder???!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »