Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

NCAA Football 12 developer Ben Haumiller talks at great length about the addition of custom conferences in today's blog at EA.com.

This addition ties in with what seems to be the team's overarching goal of providing users with more customization options throughout the Dynasty mode this year.

Quote:
This is without a doubt one of the deepest features added to the game in years. With conference membership movements, conference rule changes, and editing BCS bowl tie-ins the combinations you can make in your Dynasty are almost endless. Plus, you can make updates in future years of the Dynasty, which not only allows you to make updates based on changes in the real world, but also allows you to make whatever changes you prefer to see in your Dynasty.

Check out the rest of the blog to get all the details.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Custom Conferences Blog up

College football is a sport overflowing with tradition, and there's not shortcoming of traditions when it comes to the schedule. From the Third Saturday in October to Thanksgiving weekend you can set your watch to certain games kicking off on the same week every year. Protecting those traditions were very important when determining how schedules would be created when conferences changed membership and attempting to keep those rivalry games alive and scheduled on the correct date even when the schools have been moved to different conferences were also greatly considered when determining the new schedule logic
Ok that is from the blog : Now what I am hoping is during pre-season on normal scheduling if you can pick the time and dates? That would be pretty sweet. Now it says you can for custom conferences, so surely you can without custom conf.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Everything sounds good except only being able to edit the BCS bowl tie-ins. I hope everyone realizes that before they start going crazy with the custom conferences.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

For someone that plans to keep playing NCAA '11 and not buy '12, this is definitely the one feature I hate to have to miss out on.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

On a related note, I wonder if you take away all of the BCS tie-ins, how will they pick the teams?

Will it be 1vs 2, 3vs 4, 5 vs 6, 7vs 8?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
College football is a sport overflowing with tradition, and there's not shortcoming of traditions when it comes to the schedule. From the Third Saturday in October to Thanksgiving weekend you can set your watch to certain games kicking off on the same week every year. Protecting those traditions were very important when determining how schedules would be created when conferences changed membership and attempting to keep those rivalry games alive and scheduled on the correct date even when the schools have been moved to different conferences were also greatly considered when determining the new schedule logic
Ok that is from the blog : Now what I am hoping is during pre-season on normal scheduling if you can pick the time and dates? That would be pretty sweet. Now it says you can for custom conferences, so surely you can without custom conf.
doesn't sound like it. You can choose options like whether the conference will play on weekdays, or if they will play november games at night, but those are just general guidelines. I don't think you can specifically choose the time and date of individual games.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

I still dont get the protected rivals. can you have a protected rival outside of a conference? for instance clemson and auburn, or syracuse and boston college
Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
I still dont get the protected rivals. can you have a protected rival outside of a conference? for instance clemson and auburn, or syracuse and boston college
I'm pretty confident it only goes for conference opponents. That's how it has always read at least. But now that I think of it...it would suck if somehow the game didn't schedule FSU and UF annually, after a series of conference changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »