Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #17
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Custom Conferences Blog up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
He addressed that: "Non-conference games are the last games to get filled when the schedules are created. If Auburn goes the Independent route but Alabama stays in the SEC, the game will still try and schedule the Iron Bowl for the last week of the season. If it can't get scheduled that week it will try to find another week to schedule the game."
Word. I forgot that I even read that part. Good looking.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
Rookie

dixiebum18's Arena

OVR: 2

No more conference invites... Now you get to decide when you should switch conferences and which one.

"Since the old conference invite/demote logic had a lot of issues and only involved human controlled teams, we decided to give you the power to adjust conference membership, rules, and BCS tie-ins during future years of the Dynasty so that you can make the moves that you see fit."

Last edited by dixiebum18; 05-26-2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Nah, it wouldn't. The issue wouldn't be that the conference winners wouldn't get in good bowls, it would be that the runner ups and 3rd, 4th place teams, etc would play in crappy bowls (i.e. I could put 16 six star teams in the Sun Belt and a 11-1 or 10-2 team in the conference would play in the Toilet Bowl instead of a New Years Day bowl like the Capital One or Cotton).

But I'm not even worried about it anymore. I've already brainstormed enough ways around the issue. I just hope everyone else understands that their post-season could be bad if they don't plan ahead for the way they do their conferences.
Yeah and besides I don't think most people are going to move all the top teams into small conferences. If I remake the SWC I can just replace it with the big 12 or something and that way a Team like Texas would still be in a decent bowl.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #20
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

This is the new feature that I'm the least excited about because I'm a traditionalist at heart. Although, it is comforting to know that if a team changes conferences in real life that we can mirror that in the game. Also, I know that this has been requested for years so, it's really nice to know that the NCAA team actually listens to their fan base.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Nah, it wouldn't. The issue wouldn't be that the conference winners wouldn't get in good bowls, it would be that the runner ups and 3rd, 4th place teams, etc would play in crappy bowls (i.e. I could put 16 six star teams in the Sun Belt and a 11-1 or 10-2 team in the conference would play in the Toilet Bowl instead of a New Years Day bowl like the Capital One or Cotton).

But I'm not even worried about it anymore. I've already brainstormed enough ways around the issue. I just hope everyone else understands that their post-season could be bad if they don't plan ahead for the way they do their conferences.
Yeah I guess I'm going to run into this problem as well when I put the old SWC in the MWC. The conference champion will get a nice BCS berth but the rest will be stuck with the default MWC tie-ins. Kind of crappy, but better than nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

I dont see myself changing anything unless it changes in real life. Which seems like conferences are all on the move to becoming super conferences. So im glad this feature in the game.
YouTube: TBD
Old 05-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #23
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Everything sounds good except only being able to edit the BCS bowl tie-ins. I hope everyone realizes that before they start going crazy with the custom conferences.
This is too bad assuming that you can only change BCS bowl tie-ins and not other bowl tie-ins (I don't think I've read that you can't change other bowl tie-ins). In our OD, we're all in the B1G, Pac-12, and SEC. We've already got the Rose Bowl for the B1G/Pac12, but it'd be nice to set up other bowl tie-ins like B1G (#2) vs. SEC (#2) and Pac12 (#2) vs. SEC (#3) and B1G(#3) vs. Pac12(#3) or something like that. That way we could have a lot of user v. user bowl games and not just the Rose Bowl and possibly the BCS champ game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #24
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
I dont see myself changing anything unless it changes in real life. Which seems like conferences are all on the move to becoming super conferences. So im glad this feature in the game.
Same here. After year2 I'll be moving TCU to the Big East and BSU to the MWC and some of the other MWC changes, but that'll likely be about it. If BSU completely dominates the MWC after a few years, I'll likely invite them to the Pac13 (or same goes for any mid major that completely outclasses their conference mates).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »