Home

NCAA Football 12 Blogs Cover Web Improvements and Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blogs Cover Web Improvements and Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #17
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blogs Cover Web Improvements and Custom Playbooks

Wow!!! The Super-Sim feature for online dynasty is way cooler than I expected. Originally, I never thought I would use it at all. However, after reading more about it, I think I'll have an online dynasty by myself just for super-simming. Of course, I can always play games if I feel the need to. My work days will now be filled full of calling plays & recruiting instead of posting on OS & Twitter all day. Very cool & quite innovative. I'm hoping Madden has this, as well.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
I'm really (hopefully) looking forward to joining a Online Dynasty as a OC with my custom playbook. If I could get in an entire league where every guy starts off as a OC or HC with his own custom playbook, it'll bring a lot more originality and depth, and overall fun, to the game.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #19
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Two question for everyone who says that paying for the extra online capabilities is unacceptable. Would you rather it not be an option? I know most will say no I just want it to be free. That brings me to the 2nd question. Why do you deserve more product for the same amount of money?

We as consumers are getting out of line. You would never do more work and accept the same pay.

Last edited by Vaporub83; 05-26-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Be that as it may, there's 5-6 threads on CC on the first page alone and all but one are 9+ pages of people saying the exact same thing.

Now I know CC > All this year and custom playbooks were announced a while ago, but what I'm saying is EA seemed to put a lot of dev time into online/web integration and this thread is public library quiet.
This wasn't really anything anyone needed to comment on, honestly. We've already known most of the stuff explained in the blogs, so it's basically a re-affirmation of sorts. At this point I think most of us (Who've seen these CC/Online Dynasty updates) are waiting for E3, since we'll see gameplay, which is the dealbreaker for most.

Also, judging by last year's time frame, we should have the demo in 2 1/2 weeks. So yeah I'd think most of us are waiting for gameplay at this point, since we already know that it's either a midnight/first day purchase, or a wait-and-see.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #21
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
also the custom playbook blog was pretty much worthless, the fact that they didnt address formation audibles is troubling

The following was posted this morning over at TGT:

Quote:
We have received clarification on Formation Audibles (when using custom playbooks-coogrfan):

The CPU will assign audibles based upon plays that are remaining in the set to match each type of formation audible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #22
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Custom playbooks are available for online ranked games... well looks like I'll be joining an OD to avoid the cheesers who will run rampant with this add-on.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #23
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Are custom playbooks tied to our profile? Or are they their own separate file? If it's a separate file, there is a way around the 30 playbook maximum.

You could create 30 playbooks, then save that on a flash drive, but not the hard drive. You can then create 30 more playbooks and keep that loaded on the hard drive. As long as there is only one "Playbook" file on teh hard drive you should be able to keep extra playbook files on a flash drive and then you can just load whichever file is necessary for your current game (if you want to create CPU playbooks for them to use).

So anyone know how the custom playbooks will be saved?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yay Far formation is in by the looks of it...now I can create a cool West-Coast style playbook. This feature looks pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »