Home

Madden NFL 12 Interview With Michael Young - Presentation Is Everything (ZKG)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Interview With Michael Young - Presentation Is Everything (ZKG) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 12 Interview With Michael Young - Presentation Is Everything (ZKG)

ZoKnowsGaming has posted an interview with Michael Young, Art Director of Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"Getting back to Madden, we asked Mike about what he thought the biggest single improvement from last year’s game to this one, and he answered in a way that you would expect. He said that from his perspective, there are several great improvements, but he would say the camera work. To understand why he would say this lets us give you the skinny on the improved broadcast style camera shots you will see in this year’s game. In previous installments, they hand animated all of the camera angles, but this year they did something unique. The majority of camera work in this year’s game was done by cinematographers from NFL Films. They used a new technology that allowed them to show the folks from NFL Films action from Madden NFL 12, and the NFL Film folks actually shot the action the way they would do it in real life. That means, when you see a guy running down the sideline in Madden 12, more than likely the camera angle is just how you would see it on TV, because the guys who shoot it in real life, shot it in Madden NFL 12. In addition to that, the cameras in this year’s game are in the same position that they are in real life. So when you play a game with your favorite team it should look and feel eerily familiar, because the same angles you see on TV will be the same ones you see in Madden. Madden 12 will feature over 700 new cameras with 16 broadcast cameras per stadium."
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: New Interview with Michael Young(Presentation is everything)

Sweet. I like what I am hearing...
Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

thats a pretty bad interview/write up. The pictures are all warped, he doesnt ask any specific questions about Madden 12. Half the interview is talking about uniforms for Madden 13 and what type of camera Mike Young uses. The page formatting is just off, everything pretty much looks amateur. He says presentation is everything but only talks for 2 seconds on in game presentation in madden 12, and we already knew all that.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Hey Mike...if you're reading this...

work on some type of uniform editor/creator (ala Forza).....that way WE can build our own alternates & use them in play now/franchise

just a thought
Old 05-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
thats a pretty bad interview/write up. The pictures are all warped, he doesnt ask any specific questions about Madden 12. Half the interview is talking about uniforms for Madden 13 and what type of camera Mike Young uses. The page formatting is just off, everything pretty much looks amateur. He says presentation is everything but only talks for 2 seconds on in game presentation in madden 12, and we already knew all that.
He talks about different options for uniforms in Madden 12 and in general. He barely even talks about uniform options in their future games. At no point in the interview does he say anything about Madden 13. The reason he is talking about cameras is because that is what the Madden 12 team has spent a great deal of time on. They're working directly with NFL Films to improve the Presentation. I personally think it's going to make a HUGE difference when it comes to making it feel like you're watching a real game on tv.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hmm...camera work is only 25% of presentation.

If presentation was really an emphasis this year, I hope they start talking about commentary, broadcast presentation logic, half-time/post-game, playoff presentation upgrades, audio packages, etc. pretty soon. You can have all the cameras in the world, but if they're not tightly integrated with these other important parts of presentation, you still have bad presentation.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview With Michael Young - Presentation Is Everything (ZKG)

I thought interviews were written in the question and answer format... I wanted to read what Michael Young had to say, not a synopsis.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview With Michael Young - Presentation Is Everything (ZKG)

Good writeup and good interview. I'm loving it right now. It seems they want to give us the best realism they can. Overall I'm impressed with it so far. Good job guys. Keep up the great work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »