Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Fighters

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Fighters within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
Rookie

toine2983's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Figh

The game sounds very promising, but due to Undisputed 2010 I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January '12, New Submission System, PRIDE Mode, 150 Figh

Hopefully the ground game got some love this time. Ground game never gets any love. I want to see new submisions, sweeps from the bottom.

More importantly I want fighters fighting like their discipline really is. I mean what is the point of playing as or against a Judo fighter if they don't have any judo throws or sweeps ?

Or fighting against a muay thai fighter who doesn't throw any leg kicks ?

Why does a BJJ fighter have the same amount of sub moves as a wrestler ?

Stuff like that don't make any sense at all. A BJJ fighter should have twice as many sub moves then any other fighter. Just like a wrestler should have more take down and sprawl moves then any other fighter.

That would make a fighter's discipline actually matter.

Because as it stands now, the last 3 MMA games, the 2 by THQ and the 1 by EA has been nothing but a boxing game with the name MMA on the cover.

99% of people online simply pick the fighter with the highest punch power and just press the punch button over and over again until they get a KO.

No strategy involved at all. Leg kicks didn't do as nearly as much damage as it should. If you get kicked in the leg 4 times full blast your speed and punch power should be cut in half.

Because leg kicks didn't hinder people, people just charged forward swinging away like they were playing Fight Night.

Also slams should matter more. IF you get slammed, you should take a stamina hit, at least half to simulate the wind being knocked out of you.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #11
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Arrives January 2012, New Details, Including PRIDE Mode Announce

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I wonder how many Strikeforce fighters if any, will be in the game. The other features are great: New submission system, fighter entrances and the featherweight and bantamweight divisions. Cant Wait!
Only the ones that have made there way over I would believe, Nick Diaz, Jake Shields.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4

as long as it has nick diaz and melendes il bee good....GSP "dont be scare homie"

GT: MRDONKEYGRANDE
Old 06-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

If this game gives us a deep offline career mode, I'm all in.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #14
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
If this game gives us a deep offline career mode, I'm all in.
Ditto. Thats what I want the most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »