Home

Madden NFL 12 - Dynamic Player Performance to Play a Role During Games (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 - Dynamic Player Performance to Play a Role During Games (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Dynamic Player Performance during games (from IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Yes. Maybe it is more fleshed out though. Not sure.

I think in NCAA there was a limit of a 3pt swing in terms of ratings? Not sure if there will be a cap in 12 or not. probably not since IGN said that Cutler could go from a 75 OVR to 95. Not sure if they were taking liberties with that though.
NCAA's feature was no way near as detailed as this.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Nooo... NCAA had/has player composure and while it's kinda similar, this is much more deeper. In NCAA, a player with low composure would, miss a throw, drop a pass, or fumble the ball more often when in big games in pressure situations. DPP actually has traits for each player ie whether a QB will take off and run under pressure or stay in the pocket to complete a pass or whether a RB will step out of bounds near the sideline or duck his shoulders to try to get more yards. Not to mention that ratings actually change with this and it affects other players as well. This is waaaaay better than composure in NCAA.
It did affect ratings though so it may be more in depth, but I wouldn't say it's totally different.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
It did affect ratings though so it may be more in depth, but I wouldn't say it's totally different.
They're only similar in that they changed ratings. This is way more in depth. NCAA never had nothing like this:

This changes the way cpu controlled players behave on the field. Vick(above) is completely different from Matt Ryan(below)

Last edited by splff3000; 06-02-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I wonder which traits change dynamically? They mentioned that Eli Manning will buckle a bit under pressure which makes sense. I just hope that the traits that make players unique to begin with don't change throughout the game i.e. a defenders use of the bull rush, swim, or power move.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
They're only similar in that they changed ratings. This is way more in depth. NCAA never had nothing like this:

This changes the way cpu controlled players behave on the field. Vick(above) is completely different from Matt Ryan(below)

You're repeating the same thing I'm saying lol. And the part that I have bolded is how they are the same, which is a major component of how they each work.

I know it is more in depth, I'm just saying that this looks like the next evolutionary step of what NCAA started.

That they have all of those other areas in 12 is great, but at the end of the day, how the player performs on the field causes specific attributes to drop or go up, just like NCAA. There are just many more attributes to be affected.

It's not totally different. Just expanded upon.

Last edited by Only1LT; 06-02-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
Rookie

Automatik's Arena

OVR: 2

This sounds awesome, does this mean that some players like Tebow, Ray Lewis(because they're very emotional players) could have an emotional impact on the game if they make a big play during the game?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I wonder which traits change dynamically? They mentioned that Eli Manning will buckle a bit under pressure which makes sense. I just hope that the traits that make players unique to begin with don't change throughout the game i.e. a defenders use of the bull rush, swim, or power move.
Well from these screenshots:

We know that Matt Ryan can change to trigger happy under pressure and start to force passes. I don't agree with that though. They don't call him Matty Ice for nothing. Maybe he's on a cold streak. Now I'm wondering if we'll be able to edit these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

Lol. Says the Cowboys fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »