Home

Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 18 new screenshots from IGN (ps3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I like 'em overall. The lighting textures and the colors look really good to me.

My only wish is I'd like to see the QB's actually hold the ball, a variety in ball carriage, and the way the QB's grips the laces. Matt Ryan for instance has the ball very high and tight to his body during in his drop back, almost up near his ear. The screen shot from the game has him holding it way too far out from his body.
Well they have the pocket stances that sort of do the same thing (don't know about the dropback) but they were broken last year. Yes broken. If you dropped back from under ctr, every QB had the same pocket stance. If you took a shotgun snap, only then would the QB use his signature stance. Hope it's fixed...
Old 06-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't like the Vick pictures with him running right by #56. For a professional football player, and even against a fast player like Vick, he(#56) took an absolutely terrible angle.

― Plato
Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

There's no doubt in my mind the graphics will look great. I'm just hoping game play has made the improvements that they are claiming to have made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

vick looks huge, so does matt ryan, maybe scale them down a bit
Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

The ratings really stand out to me. I like what they have to characterize your QB.

Me personally for Vick under sense pressure. I would have gone with "Tucks and Runs" , not trigger happy.

Then I would remove the tuck and run category,and place it as a option for "Sense pressure".

Running QB's only tend to tuck and run when they feel any kind of pressure in the pocket, or if a play calls for it (Naked bootleg or QB draw). Now if a play calls for it then it because of the play called, not simply because he wanted to run.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 06-02-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well to be fair....his tuck and run trait is often. So he is naturally going to scramble for yards anyway.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The ratings really stand out to me. I like what they have to characterize your QB.

Me personally for Vick under sense pressure. I would have gone with "Tucks and Runs" , not trigger happy.

Then I would remove the tuck and run category,and place it as a option for "Sense pressure".

Running QB's only tend to tuck and run when they feel any kind of pressure in the pocket, or if a play calls for it (Naked bootleg or QB draw). Now if a play calls for it then it because of the play called, not simply because he wanted to run.
I think that since it is the Dynamic Player Performance these change throughout the game. So if a player is getting rushed a lot, they become paranoid or trigger happy depending on how they react. I think if you used Vick and he sat in the pocket, didn't scramble, and waited for his routes, he'd become calm or whatever the title is for that style.

Same with Orlando Scandric, if he gets burned a few times he wont be balanced he'll have a lower composure or if he locks someone down it'll be better. I hope they tell us all of these titles for the "D.P.P"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't like the Vick pictures with him running right by #56. For a professional football player, and even against a fast player like Vick, he(#56) took an absolutely terrible angle.
Pictures don't show things like if Vick juked, pump faked or if #56 just came off coverage etc..
I don't see how any determination of what kind of angle he took can be made from these still shots.
Not saying it couldn't have been a bad angle, just that I don't see how that can be said with any certainty.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »