Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - Detailed Look at Dynamic Player Performance (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - Detailed Look at Dynamic Player Performance (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Madden NFL 12 Blog - Detailed Look at Dynamic Player Performance (Shopmaster)

Shopmaster has posted his thoughts on Dynamic Player Performance over at MyMaddenPad, and how it affects gameplay in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"When Phil Frazier sat down with us at the beginning of that first day he talked a little bit about Dynamic Player Performance and how players would change during the course of the game depending on how the game and that player progressed throughout. He showed a picture of Adrian Peterson running the ball and said this is what Peterson looked like running the ball in the first quarter. The picture showed Peterson with ball loosely at his side like a loaf of bread. He then showed us a picture of Peterson after he had a fumble and this pictured showed him securing the ball while he was running. Phil also stated that not only will he carry the ball more securely but he doesn’t try to break out of tackles after some fumbles. So what does this mean, it means that EA has added to the realism of the game."

For the full blog (cut for size), click here.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Detailed Look at Dynamic Player Performance (Shopmaster)

If his only complaint was having to press pause to see the effects on his players, then I think this Madden just could be the best yet
Old 06-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Detailed Look at Dynamic Player Performance (Shopmaster)

I am bouncing off the walls with happiness!!!!!!!!! I need to bring in my excitement for madden just a little lol
Old 06-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

You shouldnt be able to see the effects...You should be able to notice during the course of the game, not press pause or have an overlay saying he is hot or not...

Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like it

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
You shouldnt be able to see the effects...You should be able to notice during the course of the game, not press pause or have an overlay saying he is hot or not...
I just replied to this in the other thread, but I'll reiterate that I think it's necessary to communicate this to the user. Otherwise, you'll forget that it's working in the game. Even NBA2K has a hot/cold indicator.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4
Anybody bitching that you have to press pause to see the DDP in play should be slapped in the face right now. Shut up. Seriously.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I just replied to this in the other thread, but I'll reiterate that I think it's necessary to communicate this to the user. Otherwise, you'll forget that it's working in the game. Even NBA2K has a hot/cold indicator.
I completely agree with having a "hot/cold indicator" but allowing the User to view the numeric affect these streaks have on player ratings, lessens the immersion for me. I want to know when players are being streaky but not know exactly what that means for their skill sets.

That's TMI and EA needs to keep some mystery in the User/Virtual Player relationship, in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »