Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Virtual Playbook #4: Dynamic Player Performance

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Virtual Playbook #4: Dynamic Player Performance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #25
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Virtual Playbook #4: Dynamic Player Performance

Well at least this looked better than the Eli Manning video as far as the animations go, imo.

One part I really didn't like was at 2:07, Reggie Bush is out on a pass route and the defender is running the route before him. I hate when they do that, but otherwise decent vid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
In every way. Dynamically changing the player ratings. Ball hawk, clutch, sideline catching, soft hands, swim, bull rush, big hitter ect. They renamed some of the abilities, but they do exactly the same thing.
Personally, I could care less if they copied from Mario Brothers(they did for awhile with Mario running) as long as it plays close to NFL Football, it will be in my 360.

The Beatles borrowed from Chuck Berry, the Rolling Stones borrowed from Muddy Waters, and for an updated reference Lady Gaga borrows from Maddona.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Personally, I could care less if they copied from Mario Brothers(they did for awhile with Mario running) as long as it plays close to NFL Football, it will be in my 360.

The Beatles borrowed from Chuck Berry, the Rolling Stones borrowed from Muddy Waters, and for an updated reference Lady Gaga borrows from Maddona.
And Green Day borrowed from the Ramones!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #28
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Yezzir, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
In every way. Dynamically changing the player ratings. Ball hawk, clutch, sideline catching, soft hands, swim, bull rush, big hitter ect. They renamed some of the abilities, but they do exactly the same thing.

However imo at least the running animations look so much better, still not perfect, but I can live with this, much better than the ice skating.

Dynamic means changing, so all the abilities in 2k8 did were give boost to ratings (like +5 thr pwr, jump, etc...) not the same. They did have a composure rating, and some under the hood effects like for QBs...This system is completely different...unless i'm not understanding DPP.

Ratings change during the game, trigger roles, and players have tendencies. Again, seems like something different, mimics NBA Live 10 a bit.

BTW, Love All-Pro, but M07 had player roles also

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 06-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #29
Rookie

wdctaylor's Arena

OVR: 3

Positives from the video:
+ I like how at the 1:30 mark, Reggie made his cut, he broke down, chopped his feet and made a cut. Very realistic.
+ The momentum is there. For a game without a true physics engine, looks good. Reggie running at full speed is not gonna get knocked back by a CB running at a diagonal angle.
+ The ball physics is fantastic.
+ At the 3:17 mark you will see THE best flow of animations. Simply amazing how it all flowed. From Marshall bouncing off a tackle to trying to gain balance, looks great.

Negatives:
- Suction double team tackle at the 1:40 mark.
- Sliding in the game. (There is sliding in the greatest of sports games even NBA 2k11 has the WORST sliding, but still is a great game)

Neutral: When Bush broke a tackle at the 1:44 mark, by trucking the defender. The rest of the players on the field slowed down. Don't know if that's meant to be a natural reaction or a game bug?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #30
Rookie

XNowOrNever85X's Arena

OVR: 0

The thing is no one will be satisfied with Madden infact any madden there will be always criticism.This game looks a lot better than 11 this year won't def be a step backwards like 11.I think people have to realize every game won't be perfect,you won't get everything you want.If you want to make the game better call ea sports and ask for a job if you think you can do better.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #31
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm confused. I ended up watching the Eli vid first. Then saw people talking about Bush. Figured out they were 2 vids finally. lol

Anyway. In the Eli video the animations were somewhat herky jerky and there was definitely sliding going on. Got me a little concerned.

Then I watch the Bush vid and it was smooth as butter, really no sliding to be seen.

So umm.....Eli vid must be an early build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #32
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I'm confused. I ended up watching the Eli vid first. Then saw people talking about Bush. Figured out they were 2 vids finally. lol

Anyway. In the Eli video the animations were somewhat herky jerky and there was definitely sliding going on. Got me a little concerned.

Then I watch the Bush vid and it was smooth as butter, really no sliding to be seen.

So umm.....Eli vid must be an early build?
I would say so judging by this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just to throw it out there... this is the FIRST video I was shown when I got here, so the graphics in it are severely out of date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »