Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Fact Sheet within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UFC Undisputed 3 Fact Sheet

Product Description

The critically acclaimed and best-selling MMA videogame franchise returns to take players inside the Octagon™ with UFC® Undisputed™ 3, delivering UFC action focused on intense toe-to-toe combat, impressive visual presentation and increased accessibility.

Featuring the addition of PRIDE Mode, a brand new submission system, new ways to finish the fight and increased accessibility through both traditional and simplified gameplay controls, players will experience intense combat and a pure adrenaline rush every time they step inside the Octagon.

Players will also experience the excitement of a live UFC event through significant visual improvements – from broadcast to cage-side – through new camera positions and the introduction of much-anticipated fighter entrances.

Rounding out the UFC experience with a significantly improved online feature set, including new and updated offerings, UFC Undisputed 3 lets players have their fights – their way – to deliver the most competitive and engaging experience to date for the franchise.

Key Features
  • PRIDE MODE – Compete for the first time within the legendary PRIDE environment featuring official announcers and renowned Japanese MMA league rules, including soccer-style kicks, head stomps and ground knees to the head.
  • FINISH THE FIGHT – With punishing new moves, a brand new submission system and increased focus on presentation, players will have more options than ever to take advantage of a downed opponent.
  • FROM BROADCAST TO CAGE-SIDE – Experience the intensity of UFC with new camera positions, compelling fighter entrances, improved facial animations and a gritty, high contrast appearance.
  • GAMEPLAY ACCESSIBILITY – Get inside the Octagon with a choice between traditional and simplified gameplay control options, enabling players of all skill levels to experience the intensity of UFC while executing simple standing strikes or more complex ground and transition mechanics.Operation Sports
  • EXTRAORDINARY ROSTER – Go head to head with more than 150 prolific UFC fighters, including the addition of Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions.
  • EXTENSIVE ONLINE OFFERING – A significantly revamped online experience, including both new and updated features, rounds out the best competitive fighting experience to date for the franchise.
Product Specifications
Publisher: THQ
Developer: Yuke’s Osaka
Category: Fighting/Sports
Release: January 2012
Platforms: Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3

© 2011 THQ Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 15
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiit's TIME!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Fact Sheet

I hope this title manages to offer a more realistic experience than the previous iterations. They were undeniably fun and I always have a good time with Undisputed 2010, but I just don't find slugfests to be as engrossing and addicting as simulations. I mean, the CPU can always step right into a hard straight and somehow KO you with a hook. Sadly, the feature list doesn't seem to point in the direction of more realism, but I'll still get it if it's as fun as the others.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC Undisputed 3 really needs a promoter mode, or tycoon mode (dynasty or gm) where you can hire/fire people from Pride and the other UFC assets, that'd be much more interesting addition. If Operation Sports ever gets to talk to the developers ask them about this. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:15 AM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I hope this title manages to offer a more realistic experience than the previous iterations. They were undeniably fun and I always have a good time with Undisputed 2010, but I just don't find slugfests to be as engrossing and addicting as simulations. I mean, the CPU can always step right into a hard straight and somehow KO you with a hook. Sadly, the feature list doesn't seem to point in the direction of more realism, but I'll still get it if it's as fun as the others.
the new feature that was music to my ears was the realistic stamina option (read this in the producer interview thread):

"There's a new match variant for simulation stamina usage, making things like high leg kicks and heavy strikes cost far more energy than they normally would. In our experience, this mode tends to make the match move a lot more slowly, with an added cost and consequence for each attack that adds a certain game-of-chess feel to the proceedings."

chess match striking, slower pace, forces you to pick your shots or you will gas out......sounds like real MMA to me. hope this new feature works well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Can't even get my hopes up after '10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Can't even get my hopes up after '10.
Same here. On that note sticking out from this sheet is the lack of new career mode.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

A TUF mode would be nice for career mode. Hopefully they are holding that info back because nothing has been mentioned in any of the info released this week.

Until gameplay videos and probably even until playing a demo, this is a pass because of 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »