Home

DiRT 3 Review (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on DiRT 3 Review (Xbox 360) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Already traded this game, The rally stages are so open you hardly need to break and gymkhana events are so fiddily. The worst thing of all tho is the fact there are only 4 rally locations and the stages are so short you will get bored fast. The career mode is so uninspired and if the announcer keeps asking you to upload to YouTube after every race.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: DiRT 3 Review (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjkflannel
Already traded this game, The rally stages are so open you hardly need to break and gymkhana events are so fiddily. The worst thing of all tho is the fact there are only 4 rally locations and the stages are so short you will get bored fast. The career mode is so uninspired and if the announcer keeps asking you to upload to YouTube after every race.
I respect those viewpoints and it's certainly not outlandish for users to come to such conclusions. However, I thought it'd at least be worthwhile to state that I have felt the opposite in regards to the rally locations. I came in with the understanding that the locations would be limited (as they were in Dirt 2) but I feel the rain, snow, morning, day, and night driving helps turn what may seem to be a limited group of locations into something that feels much more varied and new. In Michigan, for instance, it feels to me as if there are at least 10 different variations of tracks (actual track variations - meaning different paths, roads, etc) on top of the weather alterations. This is contrast to Dirt 2, where the rally courses felt much more limited to me.

Gymkhana is the biggest surprise to me. Like a lot of you guys, I was banking, praying and planning on a bunch of rally. That's what I was looking for and that's what I was interested in. So with that, even with a pessimistic eye, I was surprised with how much I really did not mind the Gymkhana mode. There's no doubt the mode felt super loose in comparison to actual rally races (my car felt like it was spinning all over the place) but somehow, through a medium amount of practice, the Gymkhana cars begin to feel comfortable and one's skills can quickly become very capable. So as I said, I wanted nothing to do with Gymkhana at the start, but it's been a pleasant surprise. The cars seem to handle better with experience.

Finally, I feel you on the YouTube voice. I've been quite tolerant of it thus far; I just don't see the point of it existing in the first place (aside from shilling YouTube, which may be reason enough).

Into the fourth season, I continue to have a lot of fun with this game. It's great to me.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
It's a shame that with a game that looks as amazing as Dirt 3 does fails to include the ability to watch a replay at the end of each event. So much of the wonderful visuals go past in a flash that you don't really get the chance to appreciate just how good everything looks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
It's a shame that with a game that looks as amazing as Dirt 3 does fails to include the ability to watch a replay at the end of each event. So much of the wonderful visuals go past in a flash that you don't really get the chance to appreciate just how good everything looks.
On the 360 version, there is a replay option after each race, where you can rewatch your entire run from multiple camera angles with the option of capturing highlights on YouTube. Though, I feel as if you are referring to something different?
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
um. you can immediately watch your previous race replay from multiple camera angles.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
I'll stick with Gran Turismo 5
Old 06-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
um. you can immediately watch your previous race replay from multiple camera angles.
Sorry, I stand corrected. I had been playing the game on a 4GB 360 whereby due to memory limitations there is no replay option at the end of the race. I will try it on my 60GB console to check the replays out. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »