Home

WWE '12 Hands-On Impressions From THQ Community Event

This is a discussion on WWE '12 Hands-On Impressions From THQ Community Event within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
I will answer questions either later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: WWE '12 Hands-On Impressions From THQ Community Event

Thanks for the impressions, EG. Glad you pointed out some of the negatives and things you didn't like as well.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4
Online will still be filled with people playing 99-rated CASs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #12
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Hmmm... maybe I'll be buying a WWE game for the first time in a few years. I trust Scott's opinion, so hearing his positive take is encouraging. But how the AI plays will be the make or break for me, even if online could be a ton of fun.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: WWE '12 Hands-On Impressions From THQ Community Event

Extreme you did a good job on the writeup bro. The new controls sound good but a little strange to me right now. But I'm looking forward to playing the demo when it comes out. I'm also glad the see that they are going with more of a TV type cameras and all to make you feel like you are watching it on TV. I just hope the moves ain't scripted and all. The only thing that concerns me tho. That I can't pull off just any moves I want anytime I want. That's the only thing that bothers me. But still to early to judge until I see game footage and all. But again Extreme thanks for the review on WWE12 bro. I loved it very much.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #14

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Is the AI improved/harder to beat(last few years, even on legend mode, you could still win within minutes). So I'm hoping on legend mode we can see realistic wwe matches lasting 15+ minutes.

Does the game have more variety for slider adjustments? (Last year you could only really adjust the reversals when the main problem was how quickly a superstar received damage, I could win on legend without even hitting a finisher or signature move)

Does the game take as long as it did last year to load a superstars custom threads or a created superstar?

Is the tron still broken like it was last year where it just showed the brand logo on the tron during the match and during the post match cutscene, it didn't display anything at all.

Is there any new mode added other than just changes to RTWM and Universe mode?

And while the commentary isn't much improved, is it at least redone so some comments from 2007 and stuff aren't still in the game.

And is the crowd noticeably different or is it still silent for 90% of the matches.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Is the AI improved/harder to beat(last few years, even on legend mode, you could still win within minutes). So I'm hoping on legend mode we can see realistic wwe matches lasting 15+ minutes.

Does the game have more variety for slider adjustments? (Last year you could only really adjust the reversals when the main problem was how quickly a superstar received damage, I could win on legend without even hitting a finisher or signature move)

Does the game take as long as it did last year to load a superstars custom threads or a created superstar?

Is the tron still broken like it was last year where it just showed the brand logo on the tron during the match and during the post match cutscene, it didn't display anything at all.

Is there any new mode added other than just changes to RTWM and Universe mode?

And while the commentary isn't much improved, is it at least redone so some comments from 2007 and stuff aren't still in the game.

And is the crowd noticeably different or is it still silent for 90% of the matches.
I can only comment on the E3 build so most of your questions I unfortunately cannot answer. The game does have the full Titantron working all match. It looks really nice. Sound, outside of the entrance themes sounds mostly the same, little cleaned up. There I updated commentary but still repeats itself. Cole is a huge Miz mark in the game and mentioned the Cole Miners. AI felt better but only one difficulty on the E3 version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #16
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'll just re-iterate the questions I had from the other topic from the IGN preview and came up with a couple of more as well.

How are the movesets? Orton shouldn't be doing a springboard splash.

Can you still do the basic moves later in the match?

Is there anything representing medium grapples or is it just light and heavy?

Could the big meter at the bottom be turned off?

What current game does it most compare to?

Can the targeting system be mixed with weapons?

How long did your matches last?

Even though you say it feels less like a fighting game gameplay wise I assume the focus was still winning instead of putting on a good match but was there at least some sort of match rating system?

When you say the RKO can be hit out of nowhere other than being jumped at does this mean he has all the different variations at once now? Like the corner one?

Does the interupting move system make sense? Like if Cena had Miz on his shoulders for an AA and ADR punched him will Cena stagger and drop Miz with Miz landing on his feet or is it like the Gamecube games where they just sort of both fall over? For that matter does it work the other way? If Cena succeeds with the AA and ADR was standing next to him would Miz's feet hit ADR and ADR stagger or fall over?

Did it still have the enviromental grapples?

Has putting someone through the announce table been improved? It was so terrible last year.

I'll guess they didn't have commentary yet but if they did was it good? I'd ask if it was improved but it's hard to do worse than last year.

How many different body part attacks were there? I mean the attacks themselves. Like did they have 4 different arm attacks or just 1?
Wow.

The moves feel authentic. Of course some guys are going to have some they don't do, just like teams in NCAA and Madden will have plays they done run. Do you really want Cena only doing 3 moves?

The meter can be turned off but currently no way to know when you have sigs or finishers without it on. I was told they are still working in that.

The RKO works as now when it's stored you press "Y" and can hit it at any point. No grapple needed. Moves like the punt need to be started from the corner.

Just one attack for the head, arms, and legs in the limb targeting system. I was disappointed as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »