Home

NHL 12 Video - Winter Classic and Action Tracker

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Winter Classic and Action Tracker within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

mike10003's Arena

OVR: 1
NHL 12 Video - Winter Classic and Action Tracker

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: New NHL 12 Video

2:07 to 2:17 is actual gameplay.

From looking at those ten seconds... yeah I know...

The skating looks a little heavier, look at the way the puck carrier goes to skate through the corner. Also, look at what Crosby does, he skates hard to the high slot, then puts on the brakes to be in a great spot, open too.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 06-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 47

The skating engine needs to be revamped. It just doesn't look right to me. I like that presentation got some love this year.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

Game looks pretty identical to me. The gametracker thing at the pause menu is cool though. Nice broadcast replay view. Would be a sweet playable view! (hint hint)

Last edited by jaiman; 06-06-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey Ovechkin isn't a hobo anymore!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm a horrible person for doing this, but I see the skating physics haven't been fixed at all.
Look what Shultz does after he knocks down Kunitz. He skates forward, grabs the puck, then skates backwards, pivots and heads up ice.
No physics. No gravity. No realism.

I see many more games against the CPU where they fly into the corner and pull off these magical skating techniques.
I've been begging for this to be changed since 08 and it's still in there. Very disappointing.

The stat overlays look really nice though. That stuff is great.
I just wish the skating was made more realistic. It looks like the users skating is still hindered, but seeing how Shultz defied physics, methinks the CPU will still be able to pull of things the user can never think of doing. Adding more weight to the user's skating doesn't make skating more realistic.
And Kunitz is a good skater. He should feel lighter out there than some guys. If that's how Jody Shelly felt, then that would be awesome.
But I have a bad feeling the CPU players will all be waterbugs, and all the users skaters will feel like 18-wheelers on a sheet of ice.

Last edited by Money99; 06-06-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

I could care less about height and weights!! Give me some stat overlays EA! Some historical stats and season stats for crying out loud!! Ughh..

I want to see team stat overlays. Comparing the 2 teams against each other. Win, Losses between the teams all time etc...
Old 06-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm a big fan of the game, so in many ways...any improvements are simply a plus. But....

I did see what Money pointed out about how the player behind the net simply slides backward, and pretty arcade like...heads up ice. [physics?] I guess I too was hoping that year two of the physic engine work, would bring about a little more realistic player movement. But again...I don't want to judge the whole game by just one kinda ugly looking moment.

Also, the Gametracker...it's pretty cool I guess. But I'm starting to get a bit concerned that the bulk of the presentation upgrades are tied into the pause button. And/or...the Winter Classic. I'm just hoping some of the presentation upgrades have found their way into the GM mode as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »