Home

OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #9
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview

Like rudy said, cpu needs to have the ability to be effective running out of the gun. I don't know if it's something that is related to a fundamental flaw in the way the game works, but I hope this can at least be fixed with a patch.

They could expand the sliders and have two sets of run blocking sliders (for both user and cpu). They could possibly include run blocking for plays from under center and run blocking for plays out of the shotgun.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 06-08-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

I think they said user running out the shotgun is better just not cpu.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Nice review, my only concern is....is the HDR lighting on noticeable in replays? How does that compare to actual gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I am fine with NCAA 12 feeling like a polished version of NCAA 11. I loved last years game and with the game fixes, like improved zone defense, momentum, new talking animations, QB's actually being a threat to run, this game is going to be good again. I didn't expect a huge difference between NCAA 11 and NCAA 12 - the big leap will probably come next year with NCAA 13. I'm pretty pumped and can't wait to get my hands on the demo to see some of the improvements myself.

EDIT: I will say, I truly hope momentum is improved. It seems like every year we hear that you can really tell the difference between a power back and a speed back, and why there has been a bit of a different feel, it's nothing like we have hoped for. It is disappointing to read about the CPU not being able to establish any type of running game out of the spread. Hopefully that can be tweaked and fixed before release day or with a patch soon after the game releases.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
hey chase, as someone who was able to get to talk to the EA reps and NCAA producers, did you get any info as to when details of rtg will officially be released?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Based on the fact you mentioned using 3D glasses my guess is you played this on the PS3. Have you had a look at it on the 360 and do the graphics there also look like they have been improved? The 360 is a year older than the PS3 and many have said the PS3 has better hardware but it is rare that devs take advantage of that unless the game is a PS3 only release.

Just wondered. I have put off buying a PS3 for years because I have been happy with the 360 and Xbox Live as well as not getting my private information stolen ... But if Devs start to make thing look better on the PS3 using its slightly better hardware then I might consider it.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

The running out of shotgun is concerning. I guess it could be attributed to Arizona St's great LB corp and maybe you are a great defender. But with the Oregon struggling as the best run out of shotgun team in the nation it is concerning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

So glad NCAA heads decided to improve this game from a fundamental stand point. Up until last year it was fluff nonsense year in year out. I haven't even seen the word fluff in this cycle or last. Nothing worse than having them push an feature like its the savior of videogame football only to have it fail and be removed or left in only because it takes more effort to remove it then to leave it in.

Good job fellas.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »