Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Cowboys

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Cowboys within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Cowboys

Anyone know what those small, round green stickers on the back of some Cowboys helmets are for?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 06-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Why can't it? It was like this last year as well (Gus' first year)...I would be willing to bet it's closer to the "final build" then you would think.

Overall....I'm liking what I'm seeing,although the gameplay does seem fast,it's an easy fix. I haven't seen anything that would have me cancel my pre-order at this point,so I take that as a good sign.
It feels so incomplete. I haven't heard one new line by Chris except the intro. If they recorded the end of games, we would probably hear more of the DPP lines. I just can't believe they would go to all the trouble to upgrade the presentation, then have the commentary sound as if they are both half asleep, saying one line every 30 seconds of play. They admitted in Gus' first year, they could only do main data like names and ball position. So you would think with the same effort this year, they could have created many more lines that what we are hearing. Not only that, but he didn't even say some of the names, like Ryan Mundy, just the #. Then like I said for Tony Romo's line, it wasn't even a complete sentence or even coherent.

Last edited by at23steelers; 06-09-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Anyone know what those small, round green stickers on the back of some Cowboys helmets are for?
means he has a mic to communicate with the sidelines. 1 player on O and D gets to have them.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 06-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Anybody a little piqued by Romo's cannon, rocket arm on that last pass? ... I mean .. .he throws the ball like 80 yards, haha.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

What I find most bizarre is that I have never seen them show the starting QB on any of those introduction banners. That tells me it is probably some kind of bug and they will add in the rest of the startes on a second banner swipe or something...
If you watch the CBS broadcasts, they announce the QB first (like in Madden) while he's running towards to huddle, then the O line and rest of Offensive starters, without the QB. So in that case, it's much like a CBS broadcast, but they still should show the rest of the starters like in real life.

It seems as though they implement great ideas into these Madden games, but they are so incomplete. smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #22
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
It feels so incomplete. I haven't heard one new line by Chris except the intro. If they recorded the end of games, we would probably hear more of the DPP lines. I just can't believe they would go to all the trouble to upgrade the presentation, then have the commentary sound as if they are both half asleep, saying one line every 30 seconds of play. They admitted in Gus' first year, they could only do main data like names and ball position. So you would think with the same effort this year, they could have created many more lines that what we are hearing. Not only that, but he didn't even say some of the names, like Ryan Mundy, just the #. Then like I said for Tony Romo's line, it wasn't even a complete sentence or even coherent.
Like I've already mentioned, the #'s thing was the same as last year,so I don't know why it surprises you so much...even before Gus when Tom Hammond did the announcing...it was "he hands off","he made the catch" or "the tackle was made by #43".
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
Rookie

wdctaylor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
I was slightly impressed with the dialogue between Gus & Chris during the coin toss. 'It's a TRAP!' lol.... then Romo walked onto the field...
Me too. I like the banter during the coin toss.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Like I've already mentioned, the #'s thing was the same as last year,so I don't know why it surprises you so much...even before Gus when Tom Hammond did the announcing...it was "he hands off","he made the catch" or "the tackle was made by #43".
I think I'll play Madden again to make sure, but I am almost positive he said Troy Polamalu. He even said something like "The Tazmanian Devil Troy Polamalu." I don't think he ever used a #, or at least a # and not say there name. He might have said #7 Ben Roethlisberger, but never #7 throws a pass. So, again, not sure why Gus would regress. I know for Mundy in this years game he said #29, so I think I will go back to Madden 11 and see if he says his name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »