Home

OS at E3: UFC Undisputed 3 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: UFC Undisputed 3 Preview within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
@Money99 I could be very wrong but it sounds like their octagon chasing system comes from EA MMA's find the zone mini game when chokes were being applied. I loved the system because it gave visual feedback when stamina was low. If UFC did something like this for just chokes I wouldn't be upset at all. just not every submission because it would take out the branching submissions it would seem
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
Rookie

miami01's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OS at E3: UFC Undisputed 3 Preview

This definantly doesn't sound good, but there is a guy on the ign boards that saw the video as well and was quite impressed with how fluid the striking was.
So, the jury is still out. Also, the game still has 7 months to release so hopefully some things can change for the better.
NFL: Atlanta Falcons
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
MMA: Melvin Guillard, Chael Sonnen, Dan Hardy, & Thiago Silva
Old 06-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7
That's what I was afraid of. Exacttly what I figured would happen when THQ got that long contract. Figured they wouldn't spend the necessary money to improve the game because they know it will sell based solely on the fact that they have the UFC license. Sounds like the Madden formula.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
@Money99 I could be very wrong but it sounds like their octagon chasing system comes from EA MMA's find the zone mini game when chokes were being applied. I loved the system because it gave visual feedback when stamina was low. If UFC did something like this for just chokes I wouldn't be upset at all. just not every submission because it would take out the branching submissions it would seem
Yeah basically it is EA MMA model.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I admit I've never played this series before.
But it seems that UFC 09 got lots of love. What happened?
Coasting off of brand recognition is what happened. THQ knows anything with the name of UFC on it is going to sell regardless. And any MMA game that don't have UFC branding isn't going to sell.

This is what happened with EA MMA last year. That was a pretty damn good game and the broadcast feature with up to 10 friends was awesome. However because it didn't have any UFC fighters nobody really bought the game and that game dropped to $40 within a month. By Christmas time that game was already in the $20 bin.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Ya know...maybe 09 wasn't actually that good and it was just the first UFC game in so long people tricked themselves into thinking it was,then when 10 came along we were able to see it's actually terrible. 10 was a disgrace to the sport. The obvious thing that went backwards was career mode.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
They sped the game up and went with a more arcade focus. Imagine playing Fight Night and almost all of your fights being slugfests that end in like 5 rounds.

Plus there were issues with the ground game (they added this ridiculous thing where you try to transition 3 times and no matter what you could get the transition on the third try), stamina was basically worthless, the CPU AI barely ever resembled the actual fighter you were going against, instead deciding to always press forward and throw bombs, and the career mode was bad because they added a feature where your attributes would decay, which is fine except for the fact it happened so fast and so often.

09 wasn't the best game, but it was a really good starting point. They just made too many mistakes with 2010.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
They sped the game up and went with a more arcade focus. Imagine playing Fight Night and almost all of your fights being slugfests that end in like 5 rounds.

Plus there were issues with the ground game (they added this ridiculous thing where you try to transition 3 times and no matter what you could get the transition on the third try), stamina was basically worthless, the CPU AI barely ever resembled the actual fighter you were going against, instead deciding to always press forward and throw bombs, and the career mode was bad because they added a feature where your attributes would decay, which is fine except for the fact it happened so fast and so often.

09 wasn't the best game, but it was a really good starting point. They just made too many mistakes with 2010.
This is a perfect assessment. I still play 10. It's fun for me but, nothing close to perfect.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »