Home

NCAA Football 12 Videos - California vs. USC (MaddenNews)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Videos - California vs. USC (MaddenNews) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #17
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: www.MADDENNEWS.com viewing the NCAA 12

Does anybody know if you switch conferences will it change the logo on the field and jersey?
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #18
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Does anybody know if you switch conferences will it change the logo on the field and jersey?
i believe it was asked in the 24 minute thing and they said the patches on the jersey wouldnt change... but last year the field logos did. so lets hope the fields do still atleast
Old 06-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Cal's first offensive play of the game was a successful Play Action pass! I know it says the game is being played on Varsity, but it's still encouraging to see that Play Action works in this years game!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Tackling just looks great, I feel like laying a hit on a guy is going to be way more rewarding.

It's almost making me want to start my career as a defensive coordinator...hmmm
Old 06-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #21
Rookie

RColemanVT's Arena

OVR: 2

Tackling just looks incredible this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

I'll have to tone down the CIT Rating and Route Run for RB/FB though.

Also, we have to get some Jump Ball Aggressiveness by the Offensive Player

If somehow the word can get the Dev's that are still tweaking things, increase whatever needs to be increased to make Offensive players more Aggressive when the ball is in the air.
-There is no Jump Ball at all in the Endzone!!!

Looking forward though.

Also, did I hear right that we can only edit the 8 tie-ins for the BCS and not all Bowl Game match-ups?

Would be nice If we could edit the Top 25 also.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

idk if anyone knows this or if this has been answered, but if i create a crappy TB in a low level conference, will i still be able to earn an invite to a bigger conference in the future? Or do i have to manually move me some place else at the end of a season?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #24
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I love at the 1:12 mark of the second video where the two defenders just fall down without helping out on the tackle.

What is the LG doing at the :43 mark? He clearly sees the guy coming, even looks like he's setting up to block, and then engages the DE. This allows a free rusher right up the middle. You always protect from the inside-out. The user controlled player would have had a free rush from the outside, but that's what you give up when you find yourself outnumbered like this. It's the QBs job the realize the blitz is coming, there aren't enough blockers to pick them up, and get rid of the ball quickly. If you let a guy free up the middle the QB has almost no chance.

Why does every player try to pick up fumbles, especially the offensive players? These guys should fall on the ball the majority of the time. I loved it last year whenever I'd fumble and one of my linemen would instantly scoop up the ball with ease and take off running. That's so stupid looking it usually made me want to turn off the game. EA, please, make these guys fall on the ball most of the time.

I won't comment much on anything else because the varsity difficulty prevents it from any kind of real analysis. A lot of bad things are going to happen because of the difficulty. But guys not getting in on a tackle they were in position to make, backwards blocking philosophy, and players not diving on the ball shouldn't be difficulty related.

As far as positives go, a lot of the new solo tackle animations look nice. There's also a nice double-hit at the 4:55 mark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »