Home

NBA 2K12 Shoots For Another Title With the Help of Digital Dirk (ESPNTG)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Shoots For Another Title With the Help of Digital Dirk (ESPNTG) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K12 Shoots For Another Title With the Help of Digital Dirk (ESPNTG)

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer has released a blog entailing some of the early details and thoughts from the 2K team about NBA 2K12.

Quote:
"Digital Dirk.

All you need to know about the dedication of the "NBA 2K12" producers is their disgust for the way digital Dirk Nowitzki looked and played in "NBA 2K11" and how they've already fixed a lot of those problems in their new game.

From the first shot I saw during the demo, the difference is staggering as Dirk not only looked more like the Mavs superstar (and less like a polygonal Frankenstein), but the way he shot just looked so smooth, right down to the arc of his rainbow jumper, that I wanted to find any way I could to get my hands on the game and take some fadeaways for myself.

Unfortunately, the game is still a bit early for that, and the E3 demo I was given behind closed doors at the 2K Sports booth was all too brief given that the game already looks bad *** (right down to Jason Terry busting out "The Jet" down court after hitting a three)."
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K12 Shoots For Another Title With the Help of Digital Dirk

Well it's about damn time, Dirk has been disrespected for as long as i can remember in 2k11
Old 06-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

Re: NBA 2K12 Shoots For Another Title With the Help of Digital Dirk

Dirk and Peyton Manning we're in the same situation. They needed a championship to shut up everyone and prove that they we're more than stats.

I hope now Dirk will get the respect he should get, since he's one of the best to ever play in the NBA.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
loving the sounds of it so far, trying not to get too pumped, but it's so hard after 2K11 and then them saying they're still going at it 110 percent for 2K12.. Cant freaking wait for October
Old 06-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Pro

Re: NBA 2K12 Shoots For Another Title With the Help of Digital Dirk (ESPNTG)

I've liked what 2k has been saying thus far, despite it being very little, but I'll hold my excitement until its clear that they actually put forth some type of effort in My Player this year. 2k11's My Player is the definition of a mess, and it's clear they released it with the mode less than 50% finished...I'm hopeful 2k12 won't make the same mistake, or it will be the last 2k sports title I buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is great news. And even in its early stages 2k12 is sounding like it might top 2k11. A couple questions I have is when are they going to address the online, and who are they gonna put on the cover this year to top jordan?! Its going to be interesting to find out.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

The game is sounding tasty! I honestly feel like the nba 2k producers are the only developers who take words out of my mouth. And improve on stuff ive been thinking about for a long time.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

Its gonna be awesome to play with dirk in this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »