Home

Backbreaker Vengeance Hands-On Preview: Tackle Alley

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Vengeance Hands-On Preview: Tackle Alley within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
This is just an XBLA game.

I think people misunderstand thinking this is supposed to be a full game or something.

I'm sure we will see Backbreaker 2 as a retail release later down the line, but for now, they are just putting out a downloadable arcade game.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Hands-On Preview: Tackle Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
it seems that this is what this game has finalized into.

It's a shame because they had willing customers wanting to pay for another football game.

I think the issue was that as a Non-American Developer, there lacked the expectations we place on our football games.
Especially on these Next-Gen systems.

They had an idea about how to introduce their product in the Football genre, but it was not in a manner that the gamers wanted.
They should've hit the gamming communtiy hard to find out what they wanted in a Football game and built from that data gathered.

What was found out, is that this is "The One Sport" you can't toy around with.
You can't try and introduce new perspectives and ideas that are contrary to what we've grown up playing and see on TV.

Your concepts can't stray away from the basic principles of Football.

You just can't do it with this sport at this point in time were YouTube videos are notating any and every issue that is not consistant with "Realism" and "Authentic".

They have the Physics Engine to build upon if they choose, but everything else must be scrapped as it is not a perspective of American Football gamers are willing to play from.

It will be sad if this turns out to be the end of the first Physics base attempt on Next-Gen Football!!!
No, this doesn't mean this is what the game has come to. This version of BB is already out on iPhones, anyway, so its not like they were just developing this for consoles. They took a game they already created, and made it into a console game. Seems like a logical way to make money and get their brand into the homes of console gamers. People are more prone to buy an arcade game for 2.99 then spending $40 on an unknown sports title.

This is how the franchise should've started out on consoles to begin with. I think they jumped in too quickly to try and do a full fledged game from this perspective. They need to break people in to this view slowly. Get them used to running from a third person perspective. Then when they come out with an 11v11 game again, the learning curve won't be as sharp.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
No, this doesn't mean this is what the game has come to. This version of BB is already out on iPhones, anyway, so its not like they were just developing this for consoles. They took a game they already created, and made it into a console game. Seems like a logical way to make money and get their brand into the homes of console gamers. People are more prone to buy an arcade game for 2.99 then spending $40 on an unknown sports title.

This is how the franchise should've started out on consoles to begin with. I think they jumped in too quickly to try and do a full fledged game from this perspective. They need to break people in to this view slowly. Get them used to running from a third person perspective. Then when they come out with an 11v11 game again, the learning curve won't be as sharp.

As much as I want someone else to take a stab at making a Football Game, I'm also realistic in knowing that this is "The One" sport you can't tinker with.

We're at a point were the game must nail down the Football Immersion from what gamers have experienced themselves and see on TV.

If there 2nd release is similiar to the 1st, don't expect much.

I know they need to do something different to prevent any Legal infringement, but trying to introduce playing from a different perspective obviously didn't work

I hoped they've revamped the whole thing because I desperately want to give someone else a shot at bringing some Authentic Simulation Football into my home, but it seems like Simulation is not the Focus for this game.

I'm sure Tackle Alley will bring in some gamers though!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion

I agree with you this is what they should have released first, and waited until they had a complete game to release BB1. However, I still don't think many people really want 3rd person football. Its a nice OPTION, but to force people to use it was a silly move if the goal is to sell copies, and make money.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I agree with you this is what they should have released first, and waited until they had a complete game to release BB1. However, I still don't think many people really want 3rd person football. Its a nice OPTION, but to force people to use it was a silly move if the goal is to sell copies, and make money.
Well then, Madden shouldn't force me to use god cam. What if I want to play 3rd person football with them? What if I want first person football?

It's an artistic decision, and I like that they're forcing me to use it. I know if they give me a god cam option, I would use it because it would be easier, but frankly I like the third person feature more for this specific game.

I'm not saying they shouldn't give a god cam option, but it should certainly be an afterthought if they want to keep their artistic merit with the default third person option.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well then, Madden shouldn't force me to use god cam. What if I want to play 3rd person football with them? What if I want first person football?

It's an artistic decision, and I like that they're forcing me to use it. I know if they give me a god cam option, I would use it because it would be easier, but frankly I like the third person feature more for this specific game.

I'm not saying they shouldn't give a god cam option, but it should certainly be an afterthought if they want to keep their artistic merit with the default third person option.
Actually, Maddens had a zoom cam for 2 years that I use. However a custom cam is the answer. My main point was, if they want to sell much more copies, loose the 3rd person only cam, and offer what the majority want too. If they are happy with 200k sales, then they could stick to there vision.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-08-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

No one wants 1st person football. Have you played NFL 2k5?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevio51
No one wants 1st person football. Have you played NFL 2k5?
Uhm, favorite game ever? I'm actually sad they canned the FPF experience instead of growing onto it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »