Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Dallas Cowboys Entrance

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Dallas Cowboys Entrance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Dallas Cowboys Unedited Entrance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
This has been noted and passed along. Keep in mind, we are still finalizing and tuning the game.
Are more teammates going to be lined up when the last 2 players are announced? There should be 43 other guys waiting for Austin & Romo.

And if you all are doing it like a TV broadcast, coming back from commercial, only showing the end of the introductions, we shouldn't see the team run out of the tunnel before hand.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 49

First, I must say these are the best I have seen from EA. Thanks for the work put in.

Now that I have said that I have to admitt, that as someone who likes to edit and work on movie effects, and in the studio, I just don't understand some of the things EA does. Now if they edit this, it could be better, but that is a big "if" because usually they do not. If they just trim the Romo coming out of the tunnel a bit, you wont be able to see that there is nobody out there, and the change in stadium direction. They will just need something to possibly fill a bit of video beforehand(depending on how much they edit and where), or edit the announcer audio spacing.

The other thing is...if you are going to go through the trouble to make this awesome opener, why wouldn't you announce the entire offense or defense depending on which side of the ball the team is best at? Also, how awesome could this be if it was simply edited so EVERY team had its own theme music? Sure, home games would get slightly old with the same opening music, but imagine how cool it would be the first time you play each and every team? We are talking a simple music edit to do this! As someone who works in the studio, I can't tell you how easy this is for EA. Take it a step forward and allow custom stadium music for the controlled team. Boom, now it never gets old!

Now take it one more step forward, a different announcer with appropriate reverb/effects for stadium size and types.

This is all extremely easy to do. The next step is to throw some cool commentary on top of the announcer as the players are running out to the field throw the hand clapping part. How cool would that be?

EA has done better then anything they have done before, but for me they could do so much more. The thing about football is the excitement. Big plays, big entrances, ect....EA has to figure that out. That is the key to making football gaming exciting IMO. Not only excitment in presentation and audio, but with the gameplay to back it up. We need to feel it, and we are not going to get that with....and he's down at.....the 19!! Like past years.

After watching this, you feel more like your watching the Tony Romo's then you do the Dallas Cowboys.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-16-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Are more teammates going to be lined up when the last 2 players are announced? There should be 43 other guys waiting for Austin & Romo.

And if you all are doing it like a TV broadcast, coming back from commercial, only showing the end of the introductions, we shouldn't see the team run out of the tunnel before hand.
If there going to do it like its coming back from a commercial, or dropping down from coverage elsewhere, then they need to show that better. Such as show 2 guys in the booth atalking for a bit, and say lets drop down to the field, etc...etc..etc.. (while the guys were talking before they dropped down to the field, the stadium announcer could be saying the other names so it appears we are to the end...) Or you could show "things the cowboys are going to have to do to win this game type annalysis screen(so you dont have to take the time for two hi res versions of collinsworth, and other dude), and then move to the now lets drop down to the field type commentary..yadda...yadda..yadda.

The point is, you cant skip corners, this is what they are known for the past few years. They got to start giving us 100% complete features.

As someone who makes movies on the side, and works the studio for a living, I have to say the best way to do this is sit down and decide what you want to show. Think it through, build a script like a play. Now make it happen. Before you make it happen, you need to think of every little thing so you don't miss things like this video shows. Know the plan, then execute.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-16-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

A cut scene of gus and chris in the booth would be great and make it look and feel more real or as they keep saying "true to the game"- "true to gus and chris!"
Old 06-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Yea let's not buy the damm game because they did not announce all the starters or because Romo came out towards the endzone but in reality it was suppose to be sideline to sideline...Incredible

This is all fluff...Nobody here is going to play through these entrances after a week or 2. But yet they want to use it to take shots at EA....Lame
Feel free to show where in my post I mentioned not buying the game. You call it fluff, I call it what every single dev team member has parroted in every single interview you see them in, presentation was given a huge boost this year, stop giving EA passes after screwing **** up year after year, you want changes, ya gotta voice what you want changed. You call it fluff, I call it acute lack of attention to detail, let's hope gameplay doesn't suffer the same fate.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Feel free to show where in my post I mentioned not buying the game. You call it fluff, I call it what every single dev team member has parroted in every single interview you see them in, presentation was given a huge boost this year, stop giving EA passes after screwing **** up year after year, you want changes, ya gotta voice what you want changed. You call it fluff, I call it acute lack of attention to detail, let's hope gameplay doesn't suffer the same fate.
Give me one sports game that has the type of attention to detail and I will show you kinks in that armor. EA said they gave presentation a big boost and they did but yet we have to have people call them lazy because Romo is not going in the right direction on a silly cutscene

I bet it would be done perfect and in a month you are pressing the skip button to get to kick off....yea real important there

I am waiting
Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0
See this is why we can't get a good football game because for what ever reasons we have people who have low expectations or have never played a great game. When you (EA sports) are the only one allowed to make the NFL game (which has a large audience) then you open yourself up to be criticized with the ability to please everyone. People only complain because they have seen what they want done on other sports games. Just because you have low expectation and love to waste your money doesn't mean you can speak for everyone. Everyone has a right to their opinion. If that's a problem for you then go to EA sports and the NFL and tell them to open the market for everyone, then you can happily stay and pay your money to EA forever. Until then shut-up and allow others to talk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
If there going to do it like its coming back from a commercial, or dropping down from coverage elsewhere, then they need to show that better. Such as show 2 guys in the booth atalking for a bit, and say lets drop down to the field, etc...etc..etc.. (while the guys were talking before they dropped down to the field, the stadium announcer could be saying the other names so it appears we are to the end...) Or you could show "things the cowboys are going to have to do to win this game type annalysis screen(so you dont have to take the time for two hi res versions of collinsworth, and other dude), and then move to the now lets drop down to the field type commentary..yadda...yadda..yadda.

The point is, you cant skip corners, this is what they are known for the past few years. They got to start giving us 100% complete features.

As someone who makes movies on the side, and works the studio for a living, I have to say the best way to do this is sit down and decide what you want to show. Think it through, build a script like a play. Now make it happen. Before you make it happen, you need to think of every little thing so you don't miss things like this video shows. Know the plan, then execute.
GREAT F'N POST!!!

Like I said before.. If your going to implement something, implement it 100% not 25%-50%

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »