Home

Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out all the Madden NFL 12 Madden Ultimate Team screenshots, right here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 12: Madden Ultimate Team Features

So this year we get trades, legends, and the ability to play friends.

It will be sad if this mode ends up getting more improvements than online franchise. I played one game of Ultimate Team last year and never touched it again.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

It will be sad if this mode ends up getting more improvements than online franchise. I played one game of Ultimate Team last year and never touched it again.
Hopefully OF gets some love, but I do understand putting resources into a mode that is a continual money maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

The only reason I played this was because online franchise was terrible. I, like you, am hoping that online franchise didn't get shafted because this is where their money is (from micro transactions). That being said, being able to trade should have been in there last year - other than a slick new look what real innovations are they making?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

I like the added option for trades, because the sacmming going on in MUT 11 turned a lot people off.

But the two things I was looking to hear about, they didn't mention.
1. Online Leaderboards
2. Fix for quitting

If those two things aren't fixed, I won't be playing MUT much this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I haven't been able to watch this video, but I wonder how long until you start earning MUT coins in other modes to incent people to use it.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

This mode really bugs me. I understand they make money from it (though I can't see why people actually pay for these digital packs) but it's just another let down of what we use to have.

When MUT came out in M10, I thought it would be similar to the Madden cards in last gen. Before I played it, I was under the impression we would get coins from just playing any game mode (franchise, online, play now, etc.) and be able to buy packs and just collect. What we actually got was something completely different, and in my opinion, MUCH worse.

I actually probably wouldn't mind MUT so much if it weren't for the contract cards. I can understand why they have them for the competitive players but for players like me who only wanted to collect the cards of their favorite players, it makes the mode completely unplayable.

*be prepared for a short rant here*

That mixed with the inclusion of cheats that you can purchase and the online pass... when will the customers say enough is enough? I'm not saying boycott the game but keep your wallet closed beyond the initial $60. Maybe then EA and others will stop with the obvious raping of it's consumers. I don't mind paying for some dlc for games that I know took the devs time and effort to make (new maps, game modes, missions, etc) but when they have dlc on launch day for things that should have been in from the start?

It's a disturbing trend that I hope soon ends, though I don't expect it to...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
I actually probably wouldn't mind MUT so much if it weren't for the contract cards. I can understand why they have them for the competitive players but for players like me who only wanted to collect the cards of their favorite players, it makes the mode completely unplayable.
If you primarily care to only collect cards of your favorite players, why not bench them once you get them? They won't play, and you can keep them as long as you wish. Obviously that's a dumb suggestion, but it's an option. More likely, use the contract cards you get from purchasing packs to keep your favorites around. The rest of your team will evolve, yes; but you can keep your core favorites in tact.

Quote:
That mixed with the inclusion of cheats that you can purchase and the online pass... when will the customers say enough is enough? I'm not saying boycott the game but keep your wallet closed beyond the initial $60. Maybe then EA and others will stop with the obvious raping of it's consumers. I don't mind paying for some dlc for games that I know took the devs time and effort to make (new maps, game modes, missions, etc) but when they have dlc on launch day for things that should have been in from the start?
The cheats don't effect online play, right? (I don't play online, so I'm not positive) Assuming not, what does it matter if one wishes to purchase the "accelerators" EA offers for their Franchise/Superstar mode team/player? The Online Pass, as I'm sure you know, comes with a new copy of the game. Even buying used, you either end up only paying the same $60 the 'new' buyers did; or more often come out a few bucks ahead.

As for day one DLC, I agree; and I think you'd be surprised at how many games hold back on content that is ready for the core title (in your example, maps, modes, missions, etc.) just to release it later.

It sets a bad precedent, for sure, but I don't see Madden's charges on that level at this time. EA has in-game boosts that appear to only impact offline players. (As I said, I don't play online, someone correct me if I'm wrong.) MUT packs can be purchased with real money; but also can be obtained with nothing but time spent in-game...so I hesitate to group it with other paid DLC. If you don't participate in buying them, you're not missing much. With other games you may miss out on substantial additions to gameplay. Of course a substantial addition may be worth the price, but as of now Madden isn't approaching that. I remember the "sky is falling" people when this started in Madden 10. The amount of hyperbole was amazing. Fortunately, as of now, EA has kept the same type of content available for purchase: additions that aren't essential to enjoying the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »