Home

Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 01:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included

When legends first shown in the video, I assumed that what was shown was a fraction of the legends in the game. 13 total legends is lame, I don't care that there are 5 Deion Sanders, it's still Deion Sanders. Plus, 8 of the 13 are running backs. It would have been cool to have, at least, one per NFL team.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 12: Madden Ultimate Team Features

[quote=DUDERMAN;2042507830]This mode really bugs me. I understand they make money from it (though I can't see why people actually pay for these digital packs) but it's just another let down of what we use to have.

I actually probably wouldn't mind MUT so much if it weren't for the contract cards. I can understand why they have them for the competitive players but for players like me who only wanted to collect the cards of their favorite players, it makes the mode completely unplayable.

*be prepared for a short rant here*

quote]

FIFA 11 UT was wildly successful and 10x better than its franchise mode. It had contract cards. Manager cards. Training cards. Formation cards. It was and is really really good mode (despite having the option to buy cards with real money).

If MUT12 is anywhere as good as FIFA 11 UT was, then people would play it over franchise mode. But it isn't.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

One thing I'd change with MUT:

- Take it out of the game and focus on important modes like Franchise and Online Franchise.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
So this year we get trades, legends, and the ability to play friends.

It will be sad if this mode ends up getting more improvements than online franchise. I played one game of Ultimate Team last year and never touched it again.
I agree 100%, I never tried the mode, zero interest in it. I did try a few games of HUT and quickly got sick of playing random cheezers. It is truly sad if OF got nothing in favor of this mode, but i think that will be the case cause EA seems to be intent on pushing this GLOBAL idea of online gaming and micro transactions.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3

- Take it out of the game and focus on important modes like Franchise and Online Franchise.
Not if it's a money maker they won't, and it's been reported it's a money maker.

I don't think EA would set up a date in July to talk nothing about online features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

MUT is a important mode for EA, it makes them a lot of money. They will never take it out.
just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't important to other people.

Its not a mode for everyone but I like it better than franchise because I find playing the CPU over and over boring. I like the vs user experience better and teams aren't predictable like playing normal online vs, where everyone uses the same 5 teams.
You don't have to spend money to be successful in MUT, my team last year was rated 78 and I beat a handful of 90 and above rated teams.
You only have to spend money if you want your team to become stacked with a probowl player at every position.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:

Hi, I'm ignorance, have we met?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #24
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video: Madden Ultimate Team Features, Screenshots Included

From my experience in NHL 11's HUT, the whole idea would be awesome if EA didn't nickle and dime you for every card. It seemed like no matter how well one did to win, it just wasn't enough to create a good team. I can understand the boosts and the like being pay to play, but the cards themselves should be easier to get.

Again, this is from my impression of NHL 11's mode; it may or may not correlate with what Madden has in store.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »