Home

Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, No PS3 Release

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, No PS3 Release within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsrock95
I'll never understand why Backbreaker went the route it did. It had something Ea didn't(and still doesnt) which is amazing physics system and instead chose to be an arcade game. Imagine what they could have done if they went after Madden directly. sure no real teams but I would get over that if I was getting a Sim experience with breath taking physics engine to boot. They really didn't need to make so many changes to the gameplay style just to be different the physics engine was more than enough. If they would have gone the APF2k8 route they would have probably been more successful and would have been able to "convert" a lot more Madden players then what they did with Backbreaker. Maybe just maybe if they did make a more traditional style game it would have forced EA to get on the physics stuff for madden as well much sooner meaning we'd be getting a Madden game with physics maybe as soon as this year or next year instead of whenever EA feels like it.
Couldn't agree any more. They even completed changed their website so that there are no more forums for open discussion or anything. That pretty much means that backbreaker as we know it is dead. I think where they went wrong is the atrocious camera angle that was borderline unplayable and the horrendous player models that were not even customizable in height and weight. It's a shame, really, because the euphoria engine had so much potential, football-wise... it just simply was not executed properly. I would say that maybe these things could be touched upon in backbreaker 2, but there is no backbreaker 2 now that the website and it's forums are gone. What shame.

This game is like Marcus Dupree.... so much potential gone to waste.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, Later on PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
They even completed changed their website so that there are no more forums for open discussion or anything.
What are you talking about? I just went to the website and their message boards five seconds ago.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, Later on PS3

Probably went to Naturalmotiongames.com, which does not send traffic to Backbreakergame.com. That site is essentially dead, it was never fully updated (downloads still 'coming soon!') and the final video just prior to release was never even added. The mobile site said 'Backbreaker Coming Soon!' for 6 months after release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Updated OP.

Backbreaker Vengeance will be available in PAL territories on PSN and XBLA however, in North America the game will only be available on XBLA. This is very unfortunate, but it is beyond our control and we would have liked for the PlayStation version to be available worldwide.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 30
This game just seems like a waste of great tech. This vid? WACK! What kind of marketing team do these cats have?? And why do the player models STILL run and look like that???? Maybe Nat Mot is using most of their resources on apps and the hockey joint or maybe a TRUE BB2? Is there still going to be a true follow-up to BB?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, No PS3 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
This game just seems like a waste of great tech. This vid? WACK! What kind of marketing team do these cats have?? And why do the player models STILL run and look like that???? Maybe Nat Mot is using most of their resources on apps and the hockey joint or maybe a TRUE BB2? Is there still going to be a true follow-up to BB?
Icebreaker was made by another company.

Edit: they posted on Facebook this morning that the game will be $15.
Attached Images
File Type: png bbprice.png (5.5 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by mestevo; 06-23-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Video - Arrives on XBLA on June 29, No PS3 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
Couldn't agree any more. They even completed changed their website so that there are no more forums for open discussion or anything. That pretty much means that backbreaker as we know it is dead. I think where they went wrong is the atrocious camera angle that was borderline unplayable and the horrendous player models that were not even customizable in height and weight. It's a shame, really, because the euphoria engine had so much potential, football-wise... it just simply was not executed properly. I would say that maybe these things could be touched upon in backbreaker 2, but there is no backbreaker 2 now that the website and it's forums are gone. What shame.

This game is like Marcus Dupree.... so much potential gone to waste.
The player models couldnt not be customized at the time of Backbreaker one due to a limitation of the game engine. That limitation is no longer there from what I have read. It is too bad they arent making BB2.

Also the camera wasnt "unplayable" it was realistic and IMO better than God Camera which is garbage for a sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Icebreaker was made by another company.

Edit: they posted on Facebook this morning that the game will be $15.
Whatever the case, they are wasting wonderful tech on this silly 'game'. I was really looking foward to seeing how they would boss up and create a great follow-up to BB. BB was a good foundation that just needed a lot more work which I expected in a BB2. Maybe they never really intended on a sequel which I was initially saying. Tech demo status to prove something to EA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »