Home

F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary #1

This is a discussion on F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary #1 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary #1

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

FIRST F1 2011™ DEVELOPER DIARY RELEASED

Star in F1 2011’s Wall of Fame by Logging onto http://www.facebook.com/formula1game

LOS ANGELES – June 24, 2011 – Today Codemasters® released the first in a series of Developer Diaries for F1 2011™, the sequel to the fastest-selling FORMULA ONE™ game ever. The Developer Diary features work-in-progress gameplay footage and stars Chief Games Designer Stephen Hood, Executive Producer Paul Jeal and FORMULA ONE test driver Anthony Davidson who is embedded into the team as Technical Consultant. The video is now showing at http://www.facebook.com/formula1game. F1 2011, the follow up to the BAFTA award-winning F1 2010™, is in development at Codemasters Birmingham for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® and is available for pre-order ahead of its worldwide launch on September 23rd.

Codemasters also announced today the launch of F1 2011’s Wall of Fame at http://www.facebook.com/formula1game. This F1 2011 Facebook app allows fans to upload their profile picture to an interactive F1 2011 game art mosaic. The F1 2011 Wall of Fame will be featured in F1 2011’s marketing campaign, so participating fans have the chance to be selected to star in adverts for the forthcoming game.

The first developer diary features work-in-progress gameplay footage from the game as key talent in the development team explain how F1 2011 will be “a far more complete package this time around.” Stephen Hood, Chief Games Designer says, “This is the next step for us and we keep pushing forward. Some people think it’s just about updating the teams and drivers and you just ship the next game out. It’s nothing like that at all. There’s a stack of new stuff in there.” Executive Producer Paul Jeal explains that in addition to the raft of new content and improvements, 2011’s rule changes naturally lead to an even more exciting game, “We’re all experiencing this 2011 season for the first time and these [new] elements are really bringing so much more to the strategy and the racing. It’s such a better experience in terms of racing - when do you deploy your KERS? Are you in the DRS zone? The tire strategy elements... it’s all really going to play into a much more complete experience this year.”

In F1 2011 players will be challenged to ‘be the driver, live the life, go compete’, with wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track and vastly extended competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. Players will be able to race against 16 players online plus 8 AI cars to simulate a full 24 car grid, team up with a friend to play through a full season in a new co-op championship mode or enjoy multiplayer racing from the sofa in split-screen mode. F1 2011 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the highly anticipated 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the current FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS’ WORLD CHAMPION Sebastian Vettel. The 2011 season also sees the debut of the 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF INDIA at Delhi’s Jaypee International Race Circuit and the return of the iconic Nürburgring to the calendar.

F1 2011 will launch for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® on September 23rd. Bespoke handheld editions of F1 2011 are also in production for Nintendo 3DS™ and PlayStation® Vita, each designed to take advantage of the new platforms’ unique capabilities; specific release dates for the handheld editions are to be announced. To get all the news straight from the studio race over to http://www.facebook.com/formula1game or follow the team on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/formula1game.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary #1

First day purchase as I can't wait.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

I haven't ever played 10, but I will be picking this one up at some point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
The one thing i want to change this year in the Car Handling is the braking force. When you watch F1 on tv you see how late they are braking then you play the game and it just feels and looks so different. That one change will really change racing in the game i think.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

My most anticipated game for this year. I want that F1 wheel that they are using.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

I've watched one F1 race in my lifetime....the only driver I'm even remotely familiar with is Michael Shumacher.........I don't know the circuit, nor the schedule.......all I really know is the cars are technological wonders.

All that said, I'm actually looking to pick this up.I've read 10 had issues; hopefully they sort them out.

Nascar is my racing of choice (and the NHRA). But, this game seems to have taken videogame racing to the next level. As well as it'd be something completely different for me to try, instead of racing the same Nascar tracks day after day....

I'm actually excited about a game I know nothing about, and that says alot!!! Can't wait!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »