Home

NBA 2K12 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #145
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K12 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements

When it come to crowds, have some ppl wear the other team jerseys. Not every team, the traditionally popular teams. Bulls fans are everywhere, so are Lakers, Boston, New York. (I know there's more, but you get the point)

And during the playoffs, have most of the home team crowd wear the same colors. (Miami=white, Bulls=Red, OKC=Blue, so on and so on)

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

Last edited by TheBadazz; 06-27-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0
^^^^ screw that, I need an NBA game to LOOK like umm....THE NBA!! and with that said, I would also like to see an improved halftime show. 2K9 had an empty desk. I do like the commercials for the upcoming games in 2K11 but I would like to see a desk with commentators discussing the first half and also highlights from other games around the league. How is it Lakers vs. Celtics for Sega Genesis was able to pull this off but no basketball since has done it?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #147
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

2k needs to have all the missing mascots ingame...there was a thread awhile back where it showed which of the mascots were missing
Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #148
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

1. The Dallas Maverick's home jersey needs to be fixed. There are white outlines around the #'s on the authentic road jersey. In 2K11, there is no outline...

2. If they're gonna include the Seattle Supersonic's 1979 Championship in the OKC Thunder's history (http://www.sonicsgate.org), then the least they could do is include the "throwback" Sonics jerseys from the 2007-2008 season.

Now that I think about it, ALL of the Sonics' throwbacks should be included.

3. One thing that would add to the atmosphere is if they had specific courts/accessories to match certain events during the NBA season, like Breast Cancer Awareness Month, playoff games, the Finals, etc. For instance, during BCAM, all players would wear pink accessories; or, in the Finals, where the court would have the Finals logo painted on the hardwood (or, they could even have the Finals trophy painted behind the center court logo).

4. Make all accessories and hairstyles dynamic. Not ever player with braids will want to keep those braids their entire career (assuming they still have hair). I would like to see receding hairlines over a course of the career of certain players (Lebron's hairline keeps going so far back , it might as well be time-traveling). Have players with long hair cut their hair at certain points during a season (or career, a la Kobe Bryant's afro-to-buzzcut transformation).

With the accessories, have the players change them up as the season rolls along (example: maybe Rondo doesn't want to wear long padded sleeves for a few games). Also, they should be customizable. I remember in 2005, when the Sonics made the playoffs, Ray Allen wore custom-made Jordan XX's. First time I really payed attention to the kicks players like to wear. Most players like to switch their kicks and colorways during the season, and over the course of a career as new kicks become available.

Just my two cents...

Last edited by jWILL253; 06-27-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #149
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

For the upcoming games (in between the 1st and 3rd quarters), 2K should use the in game players instead of real pictures. That way they could show the players using a signature moves during the promo.

So it would be like... "Tune in Thursday June 2nd, for Dirk Nowitski and the Dallas Mavericks (cut to Dirk's fade away jumper), take on Dwayne Wade and the Miami Heat (cut to Wade's step back jumper), for game 4 of the NBA Finals, don't miss it!"

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #150
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I love everything you have listed in "other." Small details bring a game to life.

My fear is that it may be too late for this stuff to be put in for 2K12.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #151
Rookie

Please fix Michael Beasley, the guy has cornrows now and he looks way too bulky in 2k11

Also, FIX RODENEY STUCKEY AND DORELL WRIGHT'S HAIR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #152
Rookie

Also they should add the coach making notes on the whiteboard and entrances and layup lines from College Hoops 2K7 so theres actually a sense of interaction before the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »