Home

NHL 12 Hi-Res Render of Steven Stamkos

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Hi-Res Render of Steven Stamkos within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
UOK
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 12 Hi-Res Render of Steven Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyhutchison
The look of those new jerseys is actually based on the Toronto Maple Leafs.
The conference revealing the jerseys shows they look almost exactly like the leafs. It's kind of disappointing.

But makes it easier to edit the jersey should he leave tampa.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9
Ok, hockey buffs around the league. Listen up: Stamkos isn't leaving the Lightning. There are a multitude of reasons, and I'll buzz through some of them:

He's been a huge part of the marketing campaign since he was drafted... He's not a me-first egomaniac like you see in other sports (namely, NBA)... The Lightning are on the rise, as evidenced by this year's playoff run. Why would he leave a talented and (mostly) young team?... He's gonna get paid. He might have to take a million or two less per year to make a cap-friendly deal, but he's still getting paid... He's never had anything bad to say about the Bolts or management or ownership, and the steadying hand of Steve Yzerman certainly helps... He's got Martin St. Louis feeding him one-timers all day.

So while it's nice to dream about Stammer on other teams, it's just not gonna happen. Please resume bickering over whether he should be on the cover or not.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyhutchison
The look of those new jerseys is actually based on the Toronto Maple Leafs.
you mean like this? lol
I like the Tbay jersey but the problem is, its kinda already been done lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (9.4 KB, 67 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKyle
Ok, hockey buffs around the league. Listen up: Stamkos isn't leaving the Lightning. There are a multitude of reasons, and I'll buzz through some of them:

He's been a huge part of the marketing campaign since he was drafted... He's not a me-first egomaniac like you see in other sports (namely, NBA)... The Lightning are on the rise, as evidenced by this year's playoff run. Why would he leave a talented and (mostly) young team?... He's gonna get paid. He might have to take a million or two less per year to make a cap-friendly deal, but he's still getting paid... He's never had anything bad to say about the Bolts or management or ownership, and the steadying hand of Steve Yzerman certainly helps... He's got Martin St. Louis feeding him one-timers all day.

So while it's nice to dream about Stammer on other teams, it's just not gonna happen. Please resume bickering over whether he should be on the cover or not.
Oh you mean like Mike Richards and Jeff Carter who were the core franchise players of the Flyers? What happened to those 2 guys again? oh yeah they got TRADED lol
Old 06-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Oh you mean like Mike Richards and Jeff Carter who were the core franchise players of the Flyers? What happened to those 2 guys again? oh yeah they got TRADED lol
That's the Flyers' way of doing things. I'm quite confident that Vinik and Yzerman operate differently.
Plus, Brad Richards might be coming back
Old 06-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
i admit that it is a fun game adding things the last couple years like full contact with goalies is going to make this game so much more interesting during goal reviews and taking goals away because of interference or the net cam off it mournings before the puck went in. they are getting closer to a sim game but yes there is but they really lack in getting players real faces in the game to many are off or not even done same goes for the goalie masks pop your nhl 07 back in then pop in nhl 11 there the same masks every yr if they can not get the real ones then give us a tool to create our own or the ability to import images to make them.

and to me generic stadiums the need to render new ones and get the jumbotrons like the real ones all those stadiums look the same same color same ice scratch look.

i will buy the game like i do every year that render looks awesome
I actually didn't hit the point I was trying to. I think visually the players look really good (equipment, body structure etc). The faces are somewhat well done but there are not nearly enough cyberfaces done on each of the teams. It's pretty pathetic how bad their selection is. The arenas also look like garbage. I was just strictly talking the players themselves look pretty good. Take a look at how bad 2k's goalies look compared to EA's. It is like night and day. The EA players actually look real. Other than the players the arenas and cyberfaces have to be redone completely because they are very generic.

I really hope this game is good because the gameplay needs a lot of tuning to make it fun again. It was fun for the first couple of years just because of the analog controls alone, but that point has passed and they need to add in some realistic gameplay.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
In all honesty though this was one of the best looking games when NHL 07 was released. They set the bar extremely high and I'm not sure if they can be improved upon much more. I'm not a game developer though so I wouldn't know if much more can be done. I just think that there is only so much you can do visually and they reached that a long time ago as far as graphics. Therefore the game just doesn't look as fresh as if they were to steadily increase the visuals each release. Just my thoughts on it. To me it's one of the best looking sports games there is on the market.
IMO with maybe the exception of The Show, it's still the best looking sports title visually. Really when you're stuck with 512 megs of ram max, and pushing for 60fps with how fast hockey is. I'm not sure why people expect much more. The game is still gorgeous imo.

It's not like they're going to reinvent the visual style every year. Nor should they.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #16
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
IMO with maybe the exception of The Show, it's still the best looking sports title visually. Really when you're stuck with 512 megs of ram max, and pushing for 60fps with how fast hockey is. I'm not sure why people expect much more. The game is still gorgeous imo.

It's not like they're going to reinvent the visual style every year. Nor should they.
Perfectly stated. If I'm not mistaken they slowly introduced 60 FPS in NHL 08 and completely had it in NHL 09. Those games were several years ago so they have had the visuals down IMO since day one because NHL 07 was absolutely beautiful compared to any other game on the market at the time.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »