Home

FIFA 12 to Include All Teams Featured in This Year's MLS Season

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 to Include All Teams Featured in This Year's MLS Season within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm just glad to see the MLS growing. I wouldn't be surprised if it passed the NHL (in popularity) in five years.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
This is great news , now what i would also like to see them say is that they have doubled international teams as well at the LEAST. Especially African Teams - Nigeria , Ghana , Ivory Coast...Just to name a few , and my favorites.lol. In all seriousness though , It would be great to see more international teams instead of having to go back and play Fifa World Cup 10 to use some of the teams I want.
i agree, it'd be nice to be able to do a World Cup type tournament without having to go back and play Fifa World Cup. Or a Concacaff Gold Cup tournament. As for the MLS, can they at least throw in a few stadiums? Qwest Field is in Madden, lets get it in Fifa for Seattle. Get the Home Depot Center in there since 2 teams use it. Get Red Bull Arena in there since it not only hosts the Red Bulls games but it hosted Gold Cup games as well.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 12 to Include All Teams Featured in This Year's MLS Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadron supreme
Slow your roll now. I like the MLS but hey are no where close to being on par with the Eredivise. You look at what would be considered the second tier leagues which is anything besides La Liga, Serie A, EPL and Bundesliga and MLS is towards the bottom. MLS isn't better than the Dutch, French, Portuguese leauges. In fact just looking at the North and South American leagues the MLS is at best fourth behind the domestic leagues in Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico.
There's a difference between top talent and top to bottom talent. Let me put it this way, if you take a top MLS club (Galaxy, last year's RSL, healthy Red Bulls) and pit them against a top team in a second tier European or South American league (Ajax, Santos, OM), the foreign team will win. But, since talent is dispersed amonst MLS and concentrated in foreign leagues, if you were to instead take teams from the bottom of the respective tables, I'd argue that the quality of bottom rung MLS teams surpasses quality of bottom rung second-tier league teams.

It's a hypothetical argument because I don't think MLS has played enough international clubs to provide sufficient match history. So while I agree with you of course that top teams in Eredivisie, Ligue 1, would beat top MLS teams, I think the balance of MLS, with quality players sprinkled throughout even on bottom teams, shouldn't be underestimated.

Last edited by JMUfootball; 06-29-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

I hadn't seen any of the rumors, so I'm unsurprised. I'd be livid if this came to pass, though.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 AM   #13
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
I'm just glad to see the MLS growing. I wouldn't be surprised if it passed the NHL (in popularity) in five years.
The Gold Cup Final between USA and Mexico had more viewers than the Stanley Cup Finals actually.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #14

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

This is news?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #15
Rookie

Bgeezy87's Arena

OVR: 3

Whatever happened to "if it's in the game it's in the game". EA needs to get back to it's roots. How about the stadiums for these teams as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #16
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgeezy87
Whatever happened to "if it's in the game it's in the game". EA needs to get back to it's roots. How about the stadiums for these teams as well?
EA can't do stadiums for every team in the game, that's way too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »