Home

NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #25
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12: Sim Engine Blog

Quote:
ii. It is also possible for the goalie to get injured in this case...
Anyone else catch this tidbit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Impressed by what I saw. It'll be nice to see the big names actually leading the points race and have more than 90 a season as it seems, looking at Sids 130. And nice to see that Quick looks good, he wasnt all that good in NHL11
Old 07-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 47

If the stats are soild and the player separation and puck physics are better I will be all over this game.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddurst
Anyone else catch this tidbit?
Yeah, but apparently we're still not going to get in-game goalie injuries this year. Strange considering we have goalie collisions now, but whatever.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #29
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
This is a good point.

Considering they mentioned simming games with any team in any league, maybe we can now look at the stats players in the draft put up and also follow junior players that will be entering the draft in future years. So maybe if you see some young player in the CHL consistently be a goal-scoring machine, you put more effort into scouting him and trying to draft him. Also the fact that the sim engine seems like it's going to be less random and more a result of attributes means that that prospect putting up a ton of goals will actually be a sniper and not some 3rd line grinder.

One other thing I hope that gets covered with this sim engine improvement is the statistical history of every player. It's annoying that you can only see about 3-5 of a player's past seasons, even if it's someone like Daniel Alfredsson or Nick Lidstrom who have been in the league for a long time.
I think they've just added to their database each year since NHL 08 or maybe 09. I remember one of the years the players just had the previous season's stats. Then the following year they had two, then three, etc. Kind of lame.

Also, since attributes are now part of the sim engine I hope that I we won't see Detroit missing the playoffs and the New York Islanders locking up a top seed. Kind of annoying.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #30
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah, but apparently we're still not going to get in-game goalie injuries this year. Strange considering we have goalie collisions now, but whatever.
Really!? That sucks, bad. Hopefully they actually added fatigue to players this year. While its not uncommon for a player to play 82 games, they should grow somewhat weary by their 75th game. Players should actually benefit from days off and be more tired when they play, say, a home-and-home. I'd especially like to see goalie fatigue so that I don't have to pretend my goalie is tired and start my backup every once in a while for realism's sake.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Really!? That sucks, bad. Hopefully they actually added fatigue to players this year. While its not uncommon for a player to play 82 games, they should grow somewhat weary by their 75th game. Players should actually benefit from days off and be more tired when they play, say, a home-and-home. I'd especially like to see goalie fatigue so that I don't have to pretend my goalie is tired and start my backup every once in a while for realism's sake.
Not sure about player fatigue but it looks like we got goalie fatigue:

Luongo appears to be the goalie with the most games played at 60. The rest of those guys are all below that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #32
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

I don't recall seeing any goalies play 82 games on NHL 11. I think the CPU played the backup a fair amount of times. I can't remember for sure.

Streaming on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »