Home

NHL 12 Blog - Be a GM Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Blog - Be a GM Improvements within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Be A GM Improvements Blog

The thing is I don't think this is all of it. Either that or I'm in denial.

But my reason for thinking this is on Wednesday when the Community Day guys thought they could post their Be A GM impressions, they said they had to confirm with EA so they don't accidentally leak "everything".

I get the feeling there's still more, but only EA and the CD guys would know if that's the case. I tried asking the EA NHL Twitter account if this blog is all of the improvements, but who knows if I'll get an answer.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Dang, finally. I'm about to read it.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
Rookie

IvanCalderon90's Arena

OVR: 2

I was hoping to see that they improved the Free Agency part and the scheduling issues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #12
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

I thought it was pretty good news. Of course there are things I would still like to see. The one thing I wish they would have mentioned along with the jersey numbers is that captains retain their captaincies. In NHL 11 and previous years when captain became a restricted or unrestricted free agent he lost his "C". If the team re-signed him he was still stripped of his "C". And the CPU has a very strange way of choosing new captains. Sean Avery was the captain for the Rangers in my Be A GM last year.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanCalderon90
I was hoping to see that they improved the Free Agency part and the scheduling issues
Oh, dang. I forgot about that one. I made mention of it before but that needs some attention severely.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

While I was hoping for more from BAGM, if the sim engine is what it's cracked up to be, I'll probably buy the game anyways. Really the sim engine has been my biggest complaint and IMO biggest GM ruiner.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 24

Very disappointing (really? Retired jersey #s is a new feature?), but as long as the sim logic is much better as advertised, then it'll at least, hopefully, be playable for multiple seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #16
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I have a feeling that more was done but just wasn't said. There is no way that can be all. I mean they said they had some big feature and if that is the sim game tracker thing than that is pretty pathetic. I sim games just like most people do, but seriously, we all buy the game to actually play it. I was thinking they would add something to spice up trades, free agency, or something that actually has to do with being a GM. Simming does not count as being a GM unless you love to watch an action tracker for 82 games. I do agree the simming engine was totally broke. It totally needed to be redone, and it sounds like it has been. The thing is, simming should be tuned every year instead of all of a sudden coming out with it as a feature.

God I hope there is more. I was waiting for them to announce something huge today, but their announcement has been a little bit of a let down. I will say that often times it seems like the community day people offer more info than the actual game developers do. Hopefully they will be able to add a few things to the list.

On another note I would have just been happy if they would have cleaned up all of the problems with NHL 11's BaGM. I have a feeling that maybe they did, they just didn't include it because it wasn't something new to the mode. They could have just been talking about only the new additions, and not all of the things that were done to the mode. At least I hope that's the case.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »