Home

NHL 12 Blog - Be a GM Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Blog - Be a GM Improvements within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Be A GM Improvements Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I hope this isn't it. I don't think this is, but who knows.

I like the changes/tweaks they listed in the blog, but I am/was expecting a lot more.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure EA would not release everything they have done to be a gm in one blog. I'm guessing their is a few more tweaks/additions to learn about which will be released in the coming weeks.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure EA would not release everything they have done to be a gm in one blog. I'm guessing their is a few more tweaks/additions to learn about which will be released in the coming weeks.
I gotta say, I'm hoping so Flames.

I mean...it's great that the sim engine seems much improved, more realistic number of injuries, better trade logic, etc.. But dang, if this and the Stat tracker is about it for the GM mode....yep, that's kinda disappointing.

I won't hold my breath, but hopefully GM blog #2 is coming soon!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #19
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

So, all the hype... for that?

Uhhh retired jerseys... nice I guess, but come on I was expecting more from what IGN and other people who had tried it said (things like, "I can't wait to discuss Be A GM mode!").
Old 07-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
No custom season length !! Major disappointment... I DON'T WANT TO SIM GAMES !
Yep...that's a drag TD.

I must admit, I'd rather have had a custom season length, than the Stat tracker.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #21
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep...that's a drag TD.

I must admit, I'd rather have had a custom season length, than the Stat tracker.
Even I would want custom season length over stat tracker and I would never even think to play a season that isn't a full 82 games. The thing that kills me about the stat tracker is that only a select amount of people will actually use it to it's full purpose. Not everyone sims a bunch of games during their season. I do understand that people want to be able to have some sort of control over the simmed game because they don't have the time to play a full game. I just know that when I sim a game, it's for the purpose of moving through my season faster and I do it through the calendar instead of going to each individual game and using the simulator that is built in now.

As I've said before I don't think most of us play this game as a simulator like Eastside Hockey Manager. This is ultimately a video game, where using the controller to skate, shoot, pass, and score occurs. That's just what's kind of ticking me off right now. I just don't believe so much time needed to be spent on this Game Track simulator when it could have been spent on so many more important parts to the mode. The simming needed reworking, but it did not need to go into this whole different game tracker system. This is the type of thing that needs to be added when the game mode is nearly perfected. I will say this addition will be great for people who sim most of their games, so they should be pretty happy.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Even I would want custom season length over stat tracker and I would never even think to play a season that isn't a full 82 games. The thing that kills me about the stat tracker is that only a select amount of people will actually use it to it's full purpose. Not everyone sims a bunch of games during their season. I do understand that people want to be able to have some sort of control over the simmed game because they don't have the time to play a full game. I just know that when I sim a game, it's for the purpose of moving through my season faster and I do it through the calendar instead of going to each individual game and using the simulator that is built in now.

As I've said before I don't think most of us play this game as a simulator like Eastside Hockey Manager. This is ultimately a video game, where using the controller to skate, shoot, pass, and score occurs. That's just what's kind of ticking me off right now. I just don't believe so much time needed to be spent on this Game Track simulator when it could have been spent on so many more important parts to the mode. The simming needed reworking, but it did not need to go into this whole different game tracker system. This is the type of thing that needs to be added when the game mode is nearly perfected. I will say this addition will be great for people who sim most of their games, so they should be pretty happy.
The sim engine couldn't have been re-done without the Action Tracker, so maybe there could have been custom season lengths, but we'd still be stuck with the same broke *** sim engine from years past. I don't think anyone who plays Be A GM would want that.

Also to your last point, this doesn't just cover simming user games, it covers the entire landscape of your GM mode and the results that are churned out when it comes to player stats and team records. Even if you played all 82 of your games, this still covers your GM mode too because it's simulating what's going on with the CPU teams.

I'd much rather have this to be honest. Not to downplay the people who want custom season lengths, and it would have been nice to have both of these things, but IMO this was a more important thing to do this year.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-02-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #23
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
The sim engine couldn't have been re-done without the Action Tracker, so maybe there could have been custom season lengths, but we'd still be stuck with the same broke *** sim engine from years past. I don't think anyone who plays Be A GM would want that.

Also to your last point, this doesn't just cover simming user games, it covers the entire landscape of your GM mode and the results that are churned out when it comes to player stats and team records. Even if you played all 82 of your games, this still covers your GM mode too because it's simulating what's going on with the CPU teams.

I'd much rather have this to be honest. Not to downplay the people who want custom season lengths, and it would have been nice to have both of these things, but IMO this was a more important thing to do this year.
I must have totally misreadthe entire blog then. I was just thinking it was a tracker for each individual game. Like the one they have now where you can see the score after each period and with 5 minutes left in the 3rd period. I just kind of thought this action tracker was replacing it and not having anything else to do with the mode. Thanks for clearing that up. I think what happened was I was a little dissappointed that this was the new feature for the game and I just didn't pay enough attention to what I was reading.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 07-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 12 Blog- Be A GM Improvements

Is there a PC/Web interface so I can sim games from my computer? Or are we just playing a text hockey sim on our big screen TVs with 7.1 surround sound?
Note: I understand and agree that the sim engine needed to be fixed for cpu controlled teams.

Last edited by TDKing; 07-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »