Home

Backbreaker Vengeance Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Vengeance Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Backbreaker Vengeance Review

Jayson Young celebrates Independence Day with a gushing review about Backbreaker Vengeance.

Quote:
Rushing in, you boldly take the ball. Defenders are everywhere, but somehow your body and this ball have to get around the wet mulch pile, over the wooden bench, through the foursquare area and finally into the clear. You turn around, taunt the panting defenders by holding the ball just out of their grasp, and then you flex your muscles just like Hulk Hogan.

Playing Backbreaker Vengeance's centerpiece mode, Tackle Alley, is like reliving a childhood game of recess.

Read More - Backbreaker Vengeance Review
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
nice review man
Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Review

Good review

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
I disagree, but then again, arcade games aren't my cup of tea. At the same time, I do not understand how it receives the same rating as The Show. From what I played of the demo, despite nice animations, vengeance was shallow, repetitive, and overpriced. I, for one, will pass.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Although 8.5 seems a little high, this is the most realistic review I've seen yet for this game. All other reviewers seem to have played five minutes of the demo, and jumped on the hatred bandwagon without seeing its true depth and beauty in the animations.

Again, excellent review. So glad I ignored the initial reviews and bought this game anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Backbreaker Vengeance Review

The depth in this game comes from the scoring system and figuring out the optimal path in each level that will produce the most points.

It takes a lot of thought, practice, and trial-and-error to find the right paths, and in the later levels, a whole lot of precision to pull off the moves in sequence on the sticks.

Definitely not for all sports fans, but if you love challenging, arcade style games, this is the best one to come along since Trials HD in 2009.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-04-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Luv this game and great write up...they should have a DLC that includes "free for all" or as others call it "kill a man" they could have frm 4-10 players it will really use the engine to the fullest...and I will pay for it...
Old 07-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I disagree, but then again, arcade games aren't my cup of tea. At the same time, I do not understand how it receives the same rating as The Show. From what I played of the demo, despite nice animations, vengeance was shallow, repetitive, and overpriced. I, for one, will pass.
You're comparing a downloadable arcade football game to a full-priced baseball game, that's your first mistake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »