Home

FIFA Manager 12 Developed in Collaboration With Fans, Over 700 Improvements

This is a discussion on FIFA Manager 12 Developed in Collaboration With Fans, Over 700 Improvements within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
They need to scrap FIFA manager and focus on FIFA 12's career mode.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: FIFA Manager 12 Developed in Collaboration With Fans, Over 700 Improvements

I'm very confident that FIFA Manager will never catch FM. They simply don't have the refined sim engine, scouting network, or community that FM has.

No one is going to leave FM for an inferior product. You'll get a few who will test the waters and a few who will like the graphical representation better. Like someone said, they need to work on the manager mode within their main game so that I'll actually buy that.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does have nice presentation though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

so after reading about the new details on the upcoming FIFA Manager 12, it piqued my interest and I decided to buy 11. Not bad, IMO. I'm a CONCACAF guy, so I am focused on that area and it's pretty decent.

You got your MLS, MLS reserve league, youth teams, and 2 USL leagues which arent exactly accurate since some NASL teams are bunched in there, but good none the less. The US Open Cup is and so is the CONCACAF champions league, though you have to tweak the database editor to get the correct names of the tournament. Same holds true for the Euro competitions, Asian champions league, etc...

Nothing as far as results has struck me as unrealistic. I even watched the FA Community Shield match (was Chelsea vs Man U) and it turned out to be a 1-0 win for Man U on a Rooney late goal. I read reviews where people were seeing game end like 10 or 12-0. I don't see how that's possible.

The AI during the 3D matches is a bit questionable at times, so hopefully they sort that out in 12. For example, you might see your attacker with a good amount of space approaching the box where he should attempt a shot but instead he'll turn and pass it off to a teamate. However, you can shout at them to shoot, cross, attack, get back, etc...

Nothing weird in transfers so far. The stadium editor is nice. The database is smaller than FM. You have the option of skipping all the extra financial stuff like ticket prices, merch, etc and just focus on your team. Still learning the game so far but it's a decent alternative to FM, IMO.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #13
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
so after reading about the new details on the upcoming FIFA Manager 12, it piqued my interest and I decided to buy 11. Not bad, IMO. I'm a CONCACAF guy, so I am focused on that area and it's pretty decent.

You got your MLS, MLS reserve league, youth teams, and 2 USL leagues which arent exactly accurate since some NASL teams are bunched in there, but good none the less. The US Open Cup is and so is the CONCACAF champions league, though you have to tweak the database editor to get the correct names of the tournament. Same holds true for the Euro competitions, Asian champions league, etc...
I also watch CONCACAF matches, and my question is this- what does this have that FM doesn't have? I can download edit files for just about any league I want. I currently play with an 18 team MLS (Vancouver and Portland) all the way through the NCAA. If I wanted to, I could also add leagues like Honduras, Costa Rica, etc, and play basically a complete CONCACAF game. Same goes for any confederation, really.

It might be an OK alternative, but why do you need an alternative? I can think of literally no reason.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
I also watch CONCACAF matches, and my question is this- what does this have that FM doesn't have? I can download edit files for just about any league I want. I currently play with an 18 team MLS (Vancouver and Portland) all the way through the NCAA. If I wanted to, I could also add leagues like Honduras, Costa Rica, etc, and play basically a complete CONCACAF game. Same goes for any confederation, really.

It might be an OK alternative, but why do you need an alternative? I can think of literally no reason.
If you're a hardcore FM guy, you really won't need an alternative. I'm a fan of FM but not hardcore like some of the regular posters in this forum. PES is my #1 football game. I would say there are two things better and that's the 3d match presentation with audio commentary and the main user interface. FM is of course much more community supported as well. Also, EA should really drop the price if they wanna attempt to gain some new fans. It was an impulse buy out of curiosity for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If you're a hardcore FM guy, you really won't need an alternative. I'm a fan of FM but not hardcore like some of the regular posters in this forum. PES is my #1 football game. I would say there are two things better and that's the 3d match presentation with audio commentary and the main user interface. FM is of course much more community supported as well. Also, EA should really drop the price if they wanna attempt to gain some new fans. It was an impulse buy out of curiosity for me.
In dream world, SI would partner with EA on the graphics/sound side and make a game so good, my head explodes even thinking about playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
I had to punch in for the first time to talk about this. There are a lot of features- a worthy try for EA this year. Not only this, but we have yet to hear from the SI camp at all, only suggestion forums (Which feature many of the same ideas featured here.. A huge pool for developers equals no excuses!). This is to me like waiting for your hot wife to come home from an international business trip to tear her clothes off but being tempted by the cute chick with lots of make up, next door. I am glad to see the features they've added this year for a few reasons:
1) This is a big copy/paste from the real FM2011. This means EA took notes and has reacted correctly.
2) EA is a prime American market company and with the NBA and NFL hanging from the cliffs, Soccer/Football could be prime to explode. More attention, fewer competitive markets, if EA gets serious, they can take a footie game to #1 in sports this year. This is the year to try!

I hope SI is sitting in office snickering right now, because they have the same classic greatness, with some of the same newer options EA is tossing on the table as well. The club facilities/ build new stadiums, host events, player tryouts and even some of their closer-in action graphics are a nice and needed strength this year. In SI's FM2011, the graphics can be kind of a whiner for me, because I can't always tell who are who. Other things like the sponsorships or using club money to build facilities your way, are dead on as well.I'd also like more off the ball action, authentic audio, a more varied conversations/ conference setup, and maybe manager/player on field/off field choices/consequences. Otherwise, kudos to EA for leading out of the gate this year. This makes them look like innovators and puts the pressure on SI to beat what's on the table. I am FM addicted, so I might look, but will be waiting for the 'wife' to come back to empty my 'managerial load'. Can't wait to see SI's retort to this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »