Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Is there a way to turn off the pitching ball cursor? By that I mean, the one where you're batting and you see the ball coming in from the pitcher, or at least their intended target. You could turn it off in Power Pros, and it obviously would be a fantastic thing to be able and turn off this time around.

I can tell there are different difficulties that will make it zig-zag all over the place more frantically until the ball is pitched, but I'm looking for something that will hide that completely.
Yeah you can turn the zig zagging off. What I think you mean is if the CPU is going with the curveball it shows you starting high then goes down? It was driving me crazy, making it harder to hit.

If that's what you mean,,here is what I did:

In exhibition mode,,,where you see "starting Lineups",,,in the middle,,,choose "controller setup". Go to the cpu controlled team,,,select make changes,,,,look under "defense",,,and set the pitching cursor to "off". I think that should do it. I think the game even saves it for you as well. Try that,,,see if that's what you are talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
Semi-auto. I'm not sure if it was set in the games I played, but that was the setting I ment to use.
Maybe I was just pitching bad?
I'm gonna try to hang in there with manual. I'm starting to get better. It's tough because it's real sensitive. But on the other hand we are used to the fielding vaccums of current gen baseball games. Really all you have to do is get your fielder close, and it goes into a fielding animation on all the current baseball games. PowerPros isn't that forgiving. Its a challenge,,,I like it. Old school RBI Baseball style!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 9
I had to try this out since I have heard such great things about it. I do like the game the one issue I am having right now is the hitting. Havent had to do cursor hitting since I think it was 2k5 or around that time frame. I am playing with the default settings and it seems that the hits are all very weak. I am sure my "sweetspot" is not perfect but even the CPU hits (unless using power swing) are also weak. The CPU doesnt chase stuf out of the zone much either. Is this normal for this series?? Defense I have no issues with now. Did dive way to often thinking I was preloading a throw but now I have this under wraps. Is it easier to hit without the AI pitching cursor?? Do you pick the ball up better?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Scout your players and find out which ones are power hitters vs. contact hitters.

Then use the "big swing" (right trigger) for all your muscleheads' at-bats.

Also try to only swing at pitches that are waist-high or better. Low pitches usually come off your bat as ground balls.

Speaking of scouting, is there any way to see hitters' hot/cold zones at the plate? Or do you just have to memorize their hitting zones in the menus before the game starts?

Last edited by jyoung; 07-07-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #69
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I found it funny that the players run through the base on ground outs. They don't even do that on MLB 2k11.

I stink so far lol. Lost in 12 innings 1-0 to the Pirates lol. Then as the Pirates got beat 8-0. Boo.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have been a big fan of the series since I picked up the 1st Power Pros. I was even updating the 08 version until around this time last year and then my 80 gb PS3 got the YLOD. I am liking the game a lot. It is stripped down from Power Pros but for half the price is it a great buy. I wasn't that big a fan of the life portion anyway.

Few minor issues are no added roster spots for guys in Triple A. So you can't hide any players there. The fielding is frustrating at times. But has a RBI meets Baseball Stars feel. I really like the players rating will be boosted option after a good play is made. Adds a new aspect to the game. I have missed outfield flyouts that I was right underneath so it seems like you need to be more infront of the circle then the middle on lazy high pops. Also I've found the second baseman to be on a delay sometimes when trying to complete a double play.

My biggest gripe is where is K-Rod in is this game? Being a Met fan I couldn't believe they left him out for Pat Misch. He went from cover boy to not in the game. Maybe it is because it is a kids friendly game and he has anger issues and locker room fights last year lol. Lucas Duda is also in the game but no Daniel Murphy. Also no Joe Nathan on the Twins or Mark Trumbo on the Angels. A few more missing but I can't remember who. They are pretty up to update though. I have gone through the AL but I haven't gone through all the NL rosters to see who else is left out yet. I hope they update the rosters but I won't get my hopes up too much.

I have simmed 2 seasons. The Red Sox, Twins, and Rangers are really good in the AL. Especially the Twins. The Philles, Reds, and Padres in the NL. Yankees, Braves, Indians, and Cardinals seem to all be in 3 place and over 10 games out. It is also weird that after the 1st season you cant sim the spring training games and need to select the game and then fast play.

I need to figure out how to unlock the Edit player option as soon as possible no clue why it is locked. I just hope they don't charge us for the Home Run derby and Edit player option. I'm thinking maybe they will update the game with the full All Star rosters and the Home Run derby next week when the actual game is played. Since you cant edit the All Star teams in the game.

If you go to images 18-20 on the Microsoft link the edit player seems pretty deep as far as player model. Lets just hope there is a change name option.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80258410b7b

Last edited by kings of queens; 07-07-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #71
Pro

As cheesy as it sounds, one of the things I like about the game is the "turning point" sequences, and "key batter" sequences with the split screen indicator.

I also like the random camera angle front view at the plate, when a new batter steps up when you are up, after a batter gets on base, or in scoring position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

!!!!!!!!

Just had my first career Bobblehead victory!

Blew a 6 - 1 lead in the top of the 9th after a brilliant 7 and 2/3 inning performance by Greinke, thanks to some horrible pitching by my closer, Axford. God, the rest of the Brewers' pitching staff is horrible aside from Greinke.

But I came back in the bottom of the 9th with the scored tied 6 - 6, as Corey "Hitman" Hart knocked a walk-off home run to win the game, 7 - 6.

What a way to win your first game!

Last edited by jyoung; 07-07-2011 at 09:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »