Home

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Fact Sheet and Screenshots, Organic Play, Tag Mode and More

This is a discussion on NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Fact Sheet and Screenshots, Organic Play, Tag Mode and More within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Fact Sheet and Screenshots, Organic Play, Tag Mode and More

Check out the new NBA JAM: On Fire Edition screenshots right here. You can read the fact sheet below.

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will change the way players play this iconic franchise. All your favorite moves, spins and dunks are still available but now the game includes a host of gameplay improvements. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition brings you even more to this basketball arcade classic. Enhanced gameplay, ground breaking artificial intelligence and exciting online features continue to bring countless hours of enjoyment to this over-the-top experience. The game will be available via digital download from Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network.

Key Features

Enhanced Gameplay — In addition to vast improvements to the core experience and more variety across the board, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will include a Tag Mode where gamers can swamp players on the fly, Team Fire – the ability to ignite your entire team and Razzle Dazzle – special style moves that allow players to creatively express themselves in the midst of gameplay.

REAL A.I. – Using the groundbreaking AI system from the Fight Night series, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will feature more organic play giving gamers a less robotic and more real gameplay experience. AI behavior will be based on Archetypes – Big Man, Forward, All-Rounder, Shooting Guard and Point Guard. In addition, at any given time gamers have the option of playing against their own AI for the ultimate challenge.

He’s Back! – Boomshakalaka! Legendary Tim Kitzrow is back and bringing more unforgettable calls for NBA JAM: On Fire Edition!
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Fact Sheet and Screenshots, Organic Play, Tag Mode and M

I'm surprised to see it hit with the current CBA issues. We all know 2K12 will sell but this is different.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
No post release support for the disc version means I won't be dropping any $ on this title no matter how good it may be...
Old 07-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
im dead serious when i say this, but the novelty has worn off, can we get a new NBA street already??
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
Pro

Brinkus's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
im dead serious when i say this, but the novelty has worn off, can we get a new NBA street already??
Would absolutely love a remake of the NBA Street series or a new one for this generation. Not like NBA Street Homecoming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Fact Sheet and Screenshots, Organic Play, Tag Mode and M

I'll pay more attention when a price is announced. I might be in for an impulse buy if it's right.

I own it on my iPhone (picked it up on a recent sale) and while it brought back some nostalgia, it ultimately didn't do too much for me. Put it on my 15-year old brother's iPod, and he loves it. Kinda cool seeing how into it he gets because I remember those feelings when I played the original however many years ago. The game is fun, but couldn't motivate me to buy a disc version. Info for this download version sounds good, now they just have to not overprice it.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 41
Who wrote this garbage? "All-Rounder"? "Swamp players on the fly"? Not to mention that the other features aren't new. It's basically a roster update from what I gather.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Let's face it:

This should've been included as a patch for last fall's 360/PS3 NBA Jam game.

Still disappointed that that game got zero post-release support from EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »