Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager of Madden NFL, has made a post on the EA Forums detailing the current status and future of Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
Hey guys, Justin Dewiel, your EA SPORTS Community Manager for the Madden NFL franchise, here with a short update on where we currently are with Franchise mode, and a look at where we’re heading. So many times throughout the year I get the pleasure of revealing features that you, the community, have been asking for.

Revealing our Offline Franchise mode feature set was one of those days. It’s no secret that our Franchise mode was lacking features that our fans expected. This community feedback was the #1 reason behind the renewed focus on Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12. For those of you who missed all of the details on the improvements/additions made to Offline Franchise, you can catch up on everything by clicking here. I feel confident in saying that you’ll be impressed with the experience this year and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

Community is the heart of everything we do at EA SPORTS. We hope you’ve felt represented in everything from the Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote to the new features in this year’s game. Bringing passionate fans together, like you, is the focus of Online Communities feature that we’ll detail on July 25th. We’re excited about sharing more information soon and seeing what you’ll create.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360

Last edited by CRMosier_LM; 07-08-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Online Franchise Information has been released by EA SPORTS

Quote:
Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.
Unbelievable.

Three years have passed now, and they haven't even made a single touch-up to what should be the best mode the game has to offer.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5

You gotta be kidding me. No additions?

Seriously?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

No surprise here.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Disappointing but not unexpected given their silence on this front.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Color me surprised. I thought we would get a few needed features announced late July. IMO right now, since this might change after the game is released, but the most needed features in Madden 13 are commentary, online franchise, gang tackles, and locomotion without players ice skating.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Disappointing but not unexpected given their silence on this front.
Pretty much sums up my feeling. What "bothers" me I guess is that this information could've been released at the same time as the info on offline franchise, but to hold onto it know there was a community of gamers that were looking for information on it is bad form IMO.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

hahahaha unbelievable

i just dont get how they cant have the offline dynasty work online with friends etc. its 2011, come on already!! grrrr...
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »