Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Online Franchise Information has been released by EA SPORTS

This is what scares me about EA... I don't play online so it really doesn't affect me. However, it does and will effect everyone who plays Madden at some point. It seems that they will now be shifting focus away from the momentum they have created with long awaited improvements to offline franchise mode.

EA needs to understand that they are way behind the 8ball and these improvements are additions that should and have been in Madden years ago. Just because you are finally trying to catch up doesn't mean that you can slack off for another five years on any portion of the game. From this latest development I am getting the feeling that as offline franchise users we shouldn't be expecting much improvements to franchise mode after this season. Apparently EA can only focus on one area of the game a year.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Pretty much sums up my feeling. What "bothers" me I guess is that this information could've been released at the same time as the info on offline franchise, but to hold onto it know there was a community of gamers that were looking for information on it is bad form IMO.
I'm fairly certain that they were hoping to have time to implement some of the Offline Franchise additions but were concerned about whether or not they could actually get them in, thats most likely why they didnt say anything then. I know for a fact that they were really wanting to get some upgrading done with it this cycle.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Disappointing for sure, another year of hoping they improve it, and another year of trying to get friends who have never played NCAA and aren't interested in college football to try it just to get us to try and play in an online dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Oh well, after skipping Madden last year, it will be much easier to skip it this year. I hope you guys that get the game enjoy it, I'll be sticking with NCAA and their Online Dynasty mode. Maybe next year they will complete the mode they started 3 years ago. Only question I have is why Super star mode was placed ahead of online franchise mode ? No need to answer doesn't much matter any way . $60 saved and one less forum to read! See ya next year!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #13
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

The leaguemanager.net announcement is still great news tho -- they'll be offering it all and more, as EA are giving them exclusive access to their data. The list of features are great.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Obviously we wished we could have gotten to the Online Franchise portion of the game this year,but we needed to first make sure the offline experience was where it needed to be and after 100 new additions/improvements along with the numerous gameplay improvements, presentation upgrades, and the HUGE online announcement that we have coming on July 25th, we ran out of time.

Some of wondered why we didn't mention this with our offline franchise and that's because we were still hard at work in the development process and did not want to to make this announcement until we knew for sure what we'd be able to get into the game this year.

As I stated earlier, we are dedicated to improving the online franchise experience and I think the addition of Roy Harvey as the new Executive Producer of Madden should make you guys feel the same way. Just take a look at the work that has been done with Online Dynasty under his watch over the years and you'll start to get a sense of the dedication that the new leadership team has.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Obviously we wished we could have gotten to the Online Franchise portion of the game this year,but we needed to first make sure the offline experience was where it needed to be and after 100 new additions/improvements along with the numerous gameplay improvements, presentation upgrades, and the HUGE online announcement that we have coming on July 25th, we ran out of time.

Some of wondered why we didn't mention this with our offline franchise and that's because we were still hard at work in the development process and did not want to to make this announcement until we knew for sure what we'd be able to get into the game this year.

As I stated earlier, we are dedicated to improving the online franchise experience and I think the addition of Roy Harvey as the new Executive Producer of Madden should make you guys feel the same way. Just take a look at the work that has been done with Online Dynasty under his watch over the years and you'll start to get a sense of the dedication that the new leadership team has.
Thanks Justin, You definitely put it a lot better than I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Funny, it seems to me that they focused on several game modes this year. Where did you read that?!?
I'm assuming those were SEVERAL MAJOR improvements right??? Game changing innovative improvements that will change football video gaming? I was impressed that EA seems to be listening somewhat to the consumers after countless years on improvements to franchise mode. Coaching carousel is something that should have been implemented by Madden years ago and NCAA does it instead.

I think EA is setting a precedent where one area will see upgrades it should have had years ago. The excuse for other portions of the game will be-we worked so hard on one portion of the game that we will have to wait till next year to upgrade other areas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »