Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Online Franchise Information has been released by EA SPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden
The leaguemanager.net announcement is still great news tho -- they'll be offering it all and more, as EA are giving them exclusive access to their data. The list of features are great.
Yeah, Derek has really been killing it lately. I will get Steve Noah to post the link and see if we can get Derek over here for questions.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I'm assuming those were SEVERAL MAJOR improvements right??? Game changing innovative improvements that will change football video gaming? I was impressed that EA seems to be listening somewhat to the consumers after countless years on improvements to franchise mode. Coaching carousel is something that should have been implemented by Madden years ago and NCAA does it instead.

I think EA is setting a precedent where one area will see upgrades it should have had years ago. The excuse for other portions of the game will be-we worked so hard on one portion of the game that we will have to wait till next year to upgrade other areas.
Yes there are several major improvements this year including offline franchise and the soon to be released online information.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Only the most credulous of individuals would have believed that this year's game would address Online Franchise. It's sad that the mode is as paltry as it is now given how much hype it got with the M10 cycle, but it's certainly not surprising.

At least there are sites like LM and XFN to do the work necessary to make the OF do what it should be able to do on its own. I suppose the sunny side is that we at least have new draft classes with randomized names.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #20
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Mini Blog - Online Franchise Update

Unfortunate, but not even close to back breaking.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 07-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #21
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I'm assuming those were SEVERAL MAJOR improvements right??? Game changing innovative improvements that will change football video gaming? I was impressed that EA seems to be listening somewhat to the consumers after countless years on improvements to franchise mode. Coaching carousel is something that should have been implemented by Madden years ago and NCAA does it instead.

I think EA is setting a precedent where one area will see upgrades it should have had years ago. The excuse for other portions of the game will be-we worked so hard on one portion of the game that we will have to wait till next year to upgrade other areas.
Thanks for the feedback. I feel more than confident in saying there are several areas of the game that received major improvements this year. Core gameplay has been completely reworked. The new zone coverage, removal of suction, tackling, additon of the tackle button, the dive catch, etc. This all adds up to the best playing Madden yet. And I didn't even mention DPP.

From there, you'll struggle to find a football game that has come close to the presentation that Madden NFL 12 offers. Words can;t describe the difference that having every camera from every NFL stadium in the game makes to the overall look and feel. Throw int he fact that every team has their custom entrances, the new broadcast layers, etc and you have another major improvement.

Offline franchise received 100 additions/improvements and these are major. There are things in their that you guys have requested for years and new things that most have never even thought of such as DPP that make the mode fresh and fun to play. Again, you'll have to experience it first hand to know what I mean.

Then we still have July 25th and I PROMISE you this announcement is going to change the way you guys look at playing Madden online forever. This is HUGE and you won't want to miss it.

I respect your opinion, but i want to make sure that you know the depth that has been put into this year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #22
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Yeah, Derek has really been killing it lately. I will get Steve Noah to post the link and see if we can get Derek over here for questions.
Thanks, that would be good to get some Q&A with Derek.

Btw, apart from all the meaty great features LM are offering, I also like this very much...

Quote:
Along with the above updates made possible via our collaboration with EA SPORTS, leagueManager will also provide customized league discussion boards and private messaging to enhance league communication and facilitate a more engaging online franchise experience without the technological knowledge needed to set up your own website or forums. We will be rolling out community features that will allow you to feel a part of both the leagueManager community and your individual franchise community.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

EA is in the business making industry. Many companies place the importance of making money over customer satisfaction as indicated here. I am not trying to sound unappreciative, because this game will be MUCH better than Madden 11, as we can even witness in the NCAA 12 demo with some of the similar changes made in both franchises. However, EA said this game is made for the hard-core fan. I can bet online franchise here would be more important to hardcore gamers than MUT or Superstar mode. Instead of spending the time they did on either of those two modes, they could have spent it on OF, even if it was 1 or 2 new needed additions. MUT makes them the most money though, so they got to spend time every year on it, so the people keep coming back to it. I really hope this new online community thing is as good as advertised!! Again, I think this game will be worth the money given all the improvements made, especially with gameplay, presentation, and offline franchis!

Last edited by at23steelers; 07-08-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
...I really hope this new online community thing is as good as advertised!! Again, I think this game will be worth the money given all the improvements made, especially with gameplay, presentation, and offline franchis!
I agree with this 100%, I'm pretty much just an online franchise guy but with the additions to offline I will be all over it this year. While I was really hoping for some online franchise improvements, with leagueManager are still going on our Madden 11 online franchise. And i am SO excited to hear the new online feature announcement! Maybe it will get me back into playing online again outside of the franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »