Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - No Additions This Year For Online Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #25
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Online Franchise Information has been released by EA SPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Thanks for the feedback. I feel more than confident in saying there are several areas of the game that received major improvements this year. Core gameplay has been completely reworked. The new zone coverage, removal of suction, tackling, additon of the tackle button, the dive catch, etc. This all adds up to the best playing Madden yet. And I didn't even mention DPP.

From there, you'll struggle to find a football game that has come close to the presentation that Madden NFL 12 offers. Words can;t describe the difference that having every camera from every NFL stadium in the game makes to the overall look and feel. Throw int he fact that every team has their custom entrances, the new broadcast layers, etc and you have another major improvement.

Offline franchise received 100 additions/improvements and these are major. There are things in their that you guys have requested for years and new things that most have never even thought of such as DPP that make the mode fresh and fun to play. Again, you'll have to experience it first hand to know what I mean.

Then we still have July 25th and I PROMISE you this announcement is going to change the way you guys look at playing Madden online forever. This is HUGE and you won't want to miss it.

I respect your opinion, but i want to make sure that you know the depth that has been put into this year's game.

I'm an Offline Franchise player and I give EA credit for adding/re-adding certain aspects that have been user requested for years. My issue with this announcement is worrying that as Offline Franchise users we will get the same treatment next year because of all the work put into Online franchise mode or other aspects of the game. I was hoping this year is the first step in upgrading and then continuing the momentum of the improvement of the game as a whole. Not, finally upgrading franchise mode and then leaving us hanging for three more years because your working on another aspect of the game.

This announcement seemed to imply there will be no upgrades to Online Franchise mode, but your saying there will be a huge announcement regarding it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #26
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

He means a huge announcement July 25 coming regarding just standard online play, ranked/unranked, lobbies etc.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 Mini Blog - Online Franchise Update

Well, another disappointing and expected announcement. I hope offline franchise does meet the high expectations after being neglected for years or there are going to be people really upset. I am not an offline franchise guy, but it better have great feedback from users to justify another year of neglect for online franchise...

With all the "improvements" to the game, personally, I dont mind no changes as long as the gameplay and physics are improved. However, from the videos I've seen, the only different I've seen in the gameplay is new animations and no suction. Sliding is still there, one man tackles with no gang tackles exist, warping is covered up by diving animations and unrealistic physics where you can cut left and right zig zagging all over the field with no consequence.

Hopefully I am wrong, but sounds like the same old song...

Last edited by dkp23; 07-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #28
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I'm an Offline Franchise player and I give EA credit for adding/re-adding certain aspects that have been user requested for years. My issue with this announcement is worrying that as Offline Franchise users we will get the same treatment next year because of all the work put into Online franchise mode or other aspects of the game. I was hoping this year is the first step in upgrading and then continuing the momentum of the improvement of the game as a whole. Not, finally upgrading franchise mode and then leaving us hanging for three more years because your working on another aspect of the game.

This announcement seemed to imply there will be no upgrades to Online Franchise mode, but your saying there will be a huge announcement regarding it?
I am referring to Online Play in general. No online franchise.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2
NOOOOOOO!!!!! This just about killed all the excitement I had for the game. Seriously, you could have not improved a thing over Madden 11 and given me a real Online Franchise and I would have been happy. You could have even charged me a subscription fee like those World of Warcraft losers, and I would have handed you my credit card. Unless you reveal on July 25th that you are pulling our chain on this, I can't imagine being at all happy with this betrayal.

Seriously, man, I want to buy a second-hand copy of this game just to play it, and won't care that I don't have an online pass for the game, because now the online portion is completely useless to me.

I cannot believe that I am getting so heated about this, because I am not even an EA *****. I love the Madden series, and have bought every game since the first one on Sega Genesis. But this....AAAARRRGGGHH
Old 07-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

While I'll still be putting money in EA coffers by buying NCAA because of the excellant online dynasty mode, this is disappointing. Until last year, I bought Madden every year on release date since 1997. I didn't buy last year because in 2010, IAN said that "we couldn't get to online franchise but next year its a priority." Here we are 2 years later and we get the same statement and I won't be buying again.

I can't believe EA is this short sighted. You have online games like Call of Duty trying to figure out ways to charge people for online play since online play is so successful, but EA just ignores online play in what use to be its biggest game in the US.

Of course, currently its the least used mode, BECAUSE THE MODE SUCKS AND IS INCOMPLETE.

All people want is a way to play the offline franchise version on the game with 3-5 other friends (or more). We had this feature on the last gen via the spawn game feature. This gen is almost over, yes they're developing the PS4 and next Xbox, and we still don't have it. This is just...sad.

I went from playing Madden so much in 04-07 that I was consistantly ranked in the top 10 online on PS2 and then OG Xbox, to not buying it at all 2 years in a row. How did we get to this point?

Goes back into lurking.

Last edited by DATDAMNGOOD; 07-08-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #31
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

well in a way ea can only do so much with the time they have and with offline franchise being one things ppl wanted fixed since madden went next gen they finally fixed that and also fixed other parts of the game.ppl will still play online franchise i tried it last yr but didnt like it plus im mainly an offline franchise/play now guy. heck in a few weeks madden 12 is gonna drop and its gonna be onto 13 if they havent started that yet so they will have time to put work into online franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #32
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
So still now FA, salary cap or anything in Madden 12? Seriously you've got to be kidding me. That's unacceptable IMO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »