Home

NHL 12 Videos - Gameplay

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Videos - Gameplay within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:15 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 12 Gameplay Vids

For how sports game commentary should be done, see NBA 2k11.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

At this moment i have lost all my respect to EA. So far this game seems like a tiny small patch to NHL 11 (and NHL 10...). A new game should feel fresh and new. Does this look fresh and new to you?

The budged for this game must be millions, but still they can't add anything new into the presentation. No new stat overlays, no new replay angles, no new lines for commentators, no changes for those old arenas. Someone who doesn't follow hockey could easily think that NHL 08 and NHL 12 are a same game.

If you can be excited about this game, then im happy for you.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #19
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Hmm the AI D still looked really passive and dumping the puck till seems pointless IMO...
And dumping the puck is such a big part of the real game...it'll be a shame if '12' [through sliders if need be] doesn't represent this.

I guess for me to be completely fair, if I used manual line changes...I imagine it would force more dump in's for me. But it imo...should really be something that the cpu AI should force much more than currently, due to more realistic aggression.

I love the NHL game, and play all the time. But dang...the up and down gameplay does get a bit dull.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poro24
I know I am excited for it, perhaps being lucky enough to play an early build of NHL 12 at community day helps that matter. Don't get me wrong I've had my gripes with this series and I get where some of it legitimately comes from. I've also seen a lot of absurd requests/demands about various game series (not just NHL) coming from people that think development takes no effort, a company has an endless budget, or that developers are being lazy.

Though to suggest that NHL 12 is merely a small patch would be selling the game's development team short of the effort they put forward trying to produce the as good of a hockey experience as they are able to do with what they have. In a annual franchise I would believe the development time window is limited and you have to pick and choose how to spend your limited time working on the game. Call me crazy though.

Sorry you feel that way though and perhaps, I admit, my view might be a tad bit different if I was in the same boat as prior years before the game launched.

[WWF late 80s - mid 90s series]
Latest WWE 13 CAW Project: Late 1991 - 95 WWF Hulk Hogan

Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poro24
At this moment i have lost all my respect to EA. So far this game seems like a tiny small patch to NHL 11 (and NHL 10...). A new game should feel fresh and new. Does this look fresh and new to you?

The budged for this game must be millions, but still they can't add anything new into the presentation. No new stat overlays, no new replay angles, no new lines for commentators, no changes for those old arenas. Someone who doesn't follow hockey could easily think that NHL 08 and NHL 12 are a same game.

I'll agree based on what we've seen, but we haven't really seen much, so I think you're jumping the gun a bit. So maybe you don't really have reason to be calling it a must buy at this point, but I wouldn't call it a patch of NHL11 until you've played the full version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Also another thing, notice the same old crappy short side goal in one of the videos? I think it's kind of odd how the hardest place to score in real life is the go to place for a shot in this game.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Also another thing, notice the same old crappy short side goal in one of the videos? I think it's kind of odd how the hardest place to score in real life is the go to place for a shot in this game.
I don't really agree with this. The goalie was clearly screened, went down early when he couldn't see and was readying to push to the other side of the net. Caps player snuck down into the slot and roofed one.

Completely different style of short side goal than what you would normally see in NHL 11 where someone comes and just slappers it or wrap wristers it short side high. It was an organic scoring chance after a poor clearing attempt -- it's the exact thing NHL needs to do more of.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I don't really agree with this. The goalie was clearly screened, went down early when he couldn't see and was readying to push to the other side of the net. Caps player snuck down into the slot and roofed one.

Completely different style of short side goal than what you would normally see in NHL 11 where someone comes and just slappers it or wrap wristers it short side high. It was an organic scoring chance after a poor clearing attempt -- it's the exact thing NHL needs to do more of.
Yeah I agree it did stem from a good scoring chance but it still doesn't convince me that the cheese slappers and loaded wristers are gone. Also the AI self-pinning is still there..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »