Home

FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features

FSB has posted some of the new FIFA 12 career mode features.

Quote:
Visuals: Visually things are pretty similar but the whole front end has been nicely polished. The calendar for advancing matches now embeds in the main screen allowing you to track news and events while the game progresses. You can also halt the advancement at any time if you want to stop and read an article or deal with a transfer deal. There are new colour coded calendar items for league, cup, friendly and European matches too.

Scouting: Yes, scouting is finally back in Career Mode but only for youth players players. You can hire up to three scouts and send them to different regions around for a duration of your choice. The scouts themselves vary in quality with the best scouts demanding the most cash. To get accurate data on the quality of the youth prospects in a region you may need to scout multiple times, however if you wait too long a rival club could step in and sign the player you’re after.

Youth Academy: And once you’ve scouted your young prospects and decided to sign them they get added to your Youth Academy. From here you can track their development and when the time is right either move the players in to your first team squad or realise you made a terrible mistake and send them packing.

Player Stories: Throughout the season players will now approach the manager voicing their concerns or happiness at certain decisions. The topics range from injury worries, lack of game time, unhappy about a new signings, being played out of position, morale, retirement and many, many more. How you deal with these issues is entirely down to the manager.

Transfer Deadline Day: Is now a fully fledged feature of its own in Career Mode and on transfer deadline day the game advances hour by hour to allow you to wheel and deal before the window slams shut. You also have the option to stall transfer deals to allow your self more time to decide between multiple targets.

Form and Morale: Are both back and will need to be delicately managed over the course of the season. These two features plugin to the ‘Player Stories’ system where players will become and unhappy for any number of reasons.

Player Growth: Is allegedly fixed, but we’d need to play for multiple seasons to confirm this. However one very positive example came up when playing a Career Mode as Southampton. Just 3 games in to the season Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain recieved a substantial amount of growth receiving around 10 stats improvements. Most were just +1 but there were a few, +2 and +3 upgrades too. Which when compared to FIFA 11′s +1 growth for an entire season is surely a good sign. Alex is a player who you’d expect to have fairly rapid growth too so the scenario seemed to fit well.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Boston Celtics

Last edited by NaturalSelected; 07-11-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Added image
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 12 Career Mode: The New Features

Great news.I quit playing this mode a years ago, didn't like where it was going.(when they took scouting out.)

I like all the things that where listed.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Rookie

j_tinkler21's Arena

OVR: 2

Good stuff. Career Mode in 2011 was almost unplayable for me, and I'm really hoping they get rid of the autosave not being able to be turned off. I'm all for saving after games so what's done is done, but waiting for it to autosave after I read e-mails is ridiculous. Takes so long to go from game to game.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_tinkler21
Good stuff. Career Mode in 2011 was almost unplayable for me, and I'm really hoping they get rid of the autosave not being able to be turned off. I'm all for saving after games so what's done is done, but waiting for it to autosave after I read e-mails is ridiculous. Takes so long to go from game to game.
I hear you, but I'd be surprised to see autosave an option again as many of the EA sports titles have moved in the direction of "all autosave, all the time."
Boston Celtics
Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
Rookie

RamzaLugria's Arena

OVR: 5
Nice. Primary issue for me in CM lately has been the lack of things to do between games. Maybe these will help in that department. Looks promising nevertheless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #6
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features

These improvements sounds like exactly what is needed to make the mode closer to real life. Hopefully it is done well
Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Love the sound of the Scouting and Youth Academy its every arsenal fans dream! loool.....Hopefully the signs described in the last snippet on player growth are accurate and the likes of ryo miyaichi do not grow up to only a 70 rating by age 25 (which is laughable).....Finally the implementation of transfer deadline day really clinched it for me what an awesome feature don't think much people even thought about that to be honest and yet its so integral every season (in real life).....
Old 07-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features

If they fix the progression system I will be happy. Anything else will be icing on the cake. The lack of progression killed this game for me when it came to career mode.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »