Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
I really could not agree more. The review is spot on. Finally I am playing a console football game that is forcing me to read the defense, spy on the mobile QB, make adjustments with my coaching strategy (aggressive, conservative, balanced) and really making me play smart football.

The new tackling is fantastic compared to EA football titles in the past on this generation of consoles.

The only thing really keeping this game from getting to the level of titles like The Show and NBA 2K11 is the presentation.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
Rookie

Is it just me, or EA but when i'm playing on grass only the home teams dark colored uniforms get dirty. I observed the visitors uniforms who were wearing all white uniforms and they didn't have a smidge of dirt on them at the end of the game. I then played another game alternating a dark top with white bottoms and once again no dirt at all on the white pants. I remember last year EA had a patch to fix the dirt, do you know if there going in that direction again this year? By the way I enjoyed this read immensely although I have PS3.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21
Nice review. Just change "parody" to "parity" and you are home free...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10
I gave this game a 9/10, but can't argue with this review. Good stuff.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHLUV69
It appears uniforms DON'T DEGRADE!! I played several games in natural turf ran the ball like crazy and the white jerseys were perfectly clean. PLEASE PATCH EA ASAP!!
Really? Hmm...I played a game on natural grass and the unis looked pretty browned up.
GO BLUE!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
Rookie

I wonder is there going to be a tuning update or a patch, just wondering
Old 07-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
I give it a solid 8. I think the presentation is still pretty bad and I'm into audio. Big plays need to feel bigger, the crowd needs more excitement. Hits need more umph...

Audio = bad. But the rest of the game is solid.

The gameplay of Road to Glory needs some work. Camera angles are bad on defense. Camera switching on deep pass plays = broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 12
I honestly don't expect a lot. All I expect is realistic outcomes of situations. Why is that like asking the producers of the game if they want a root canal? I feel like people would have an easier time trying to talk a 4-star recruit into attending Eastern Michigan.

Once you implement RTP into a game, see: FIFA 12, realistic outcomes of situations happen and a lot of the problems with the gameplay are solved. Will FIFA 12 be perfect? No, but it will be nice to see realistic goals and outcomes that wait for it... happen in real life. That's all I expect, realistic outcomes.

I will give you an example of what I am talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMCAauzBaEg&playnext=1&list=PL764B7CBCBEF10228

In this play, Stanford has 9 guys in the box. NINE, to stop the run. and the motion of the left receiver puts 10 guys in the box (!!!!). But that DOES NOT MATTER because the defense could not anticipate the direction of the run and the zone-read forced them to hesitate, which opened up a hole. This does not happen in the game because the players do not move realistically. If this situation was presented in the game, someone would be warping around and ice skating and magically appear in the backfield unblocked because the zone read takes too long or the defensive play is WAY TOO FAST or just because they knew I was running and still ran it, even though the CPU did not know the direction.

It's just so frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »