Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #17
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I really could not agree more. The review is spot on. Finally I am playing a console football game that is forcing me to read the defense, spy on the mobile QB, make adjustments with my coaching strategy (aggressive, conservative, balanced) and really making me play smart football.

The new tackling is fantastic compared to EA football titles in the past on this generation of consoles.

The only thing really keeping this game from getting to the level of titles like The Show and NBA 2K11 is the presentation.
The game is a solid 8 but a long ways from MLB the show and NBA 2k11. Needs much better presentation, smoother animations, player movement is unnatural. Better AI as opposed to bugs/glitches and just dumb player outcomes to even out the playing field.

It's getting there but EA is only capable of putting out a really good product as they can profit with that as opposed to a masterpiece as the show and NBA 2k11.
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

Good read!!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
8.5 is too high, i'd say 7.5-8. Its weird because its better than last years game so that would mean it deserves a better rating but the improvements made are not dramatic enough so to me it feels like NCAA 11.5. I think the presentation gets low marks simply because of the commentary. That alone drives it down big time. The plays still dont move naturally, foot planting is still a problem. Its not a bad game, disappointing to me because of so many things either not getting attention or being improved/fixed. Its a good game but still a long ways away from The Show or NBA 2k level.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 28
I agree totally. The game has flaws and the NCAA team is one of the best in responding with fixes so I can see the OD wait issues getting rectified as well as the ussue with visuals.

The gameplay is absolutely awesome.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Perhaps this is all true for the Xbox version, but the PS3 version has loads of framerate issues and other glitches. Unfortunately I opted for the PS3 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #22
Rookie

tb24ster's Arena

OVR: 0
they need to add the CPU VS CPU broadcast camera view in a patch asap! that woud put the game over the top . and will beef up the presentation. REAL FOOTBALL CMON! EA DO THE PATCH FOR US ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

I haven't had a chance to read the review yet but I do have one comment I'd like to say to everyone who says the infamous "this game plays like NCAA 11.5......":

THIS GAME PLAYS LIKE NCAA 13!

That's right, I said it! It is such a massive change overall it's as if I skipped ahead a year and got a game that is 2 years removed from NCAA 11! Just my opinion of course but then, I'm usually right

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do I put apostrophes, periods and hyphens in players' names that I create? I can do it for coaches, but it doesn't seem to work for players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »